The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

He should ditch the "Hangman" moniker, though. If there were any nicknames a face or even an anti-hero shouldn't have, that's one of them.

• Paid Members

I like this. At least they’ve acknowledged the stupidity of that non-DQ, tried to offer an explanation and plan on not repeating it again. It’s definitely to their credit that they seem genuinely open to criticism and are willing to listen and improve. 

• Paid Members

It's also a pretty good "real world"-style explanation - in real life sports, the refs do get it wrong and get flak for it. Not everything has to have a rational explanation beyond human error, and they seem to be doing that quite well, judging from this and the eavesdropping on Jericho & LAX bit.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

This was the first weekly wrestling show of any kind I have watched in perhaps five years and found it an acceptable couple of hours. Not sure I'll bother long term but that's less due to the quality of this program and more that I remembered that I don't like modern wrestling and that's why I don't watch it. So many big moves. So many kick outs. It just isn't for me. The finish to the women's title match should have been the big knee of the top and then it just kept going and going and going and going and going. 

Jack Swagger turning up in a main event angle was well TNA though. Was half expecting Jim Ross to yell "AND WE ALL KNOW WHO THAT IS!" as came boring his way out to ringside. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Jack Swagger turning up in a main event angle was well TNA though. Was half expecting Jim Ross to yell "AND WE ALL KNOW WHO THAT IS!" as came boring his way out to ringside. 

I was hoping for a "We all know what happened in New York".