Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 I wonder if Chris Hero could be the surprise in the ladder match. Not much has been heard from him since he got released last year.
Paid Members garynysmon Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 (edited) I’m always behind most people on Dynamite as I just wait for the ITV4 showing, but how great was it to see Tully Blanchard back in the ring? Considering how his top flight career came to an abrupt end 30 years ago, its poetic justice in a weird way that he ends up eventually (presumably)going out on his own terms. What I like about AEW is they have no problem at all with bringing the vets back and featuring them. J.J Dillon is 78 years old! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, but its so refreshing to see what still feels like a “big production” wrestling show, yet the production itself is far from flawless and definately feels more like a WCW Nitro episode than Hollywood-esque and overproduced 2021 WWE. That’s definately no bad thing. Edited March 6, 2021 by garynysmon
Kamaras-Tash Posted March 6, 2021 Posted March 6, 2021 58 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: I wonder if Chris Hero could be the surprise in the ladder match. Not much has been heard from him since he got released last year. I doubt he'd be able to get up a ladder the state he was in when I last saw him
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 I rolled my eyes at the idea of it being Christian, but the more I thought about it the more I like the idea. He's someone I've always liked and he can make pretty much anything work. The temper tantrum stuff was fun back in the day, he managed to get ridiculously over during the time he was calling John Cena out on a weekly basis, he had one of the better ex-WWE TNA runs (with some banging themes) and then when he became the face of ECW he was putting on little crackers every week with opponents ranging from Tommy Dreamer to Zack Ryder to Ezekial Jackson. And of course, his feud with Randy Orton is one of the best lesser-mentioned feuds of the last 10 years. Sign him up, I say.
Paid Members Chris B Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 Since we're wildly speculating... What's Austin's legend contract status like? He signed his current deal in 2019, although WWE let it run out before then. If they haven't been paying attention, could the TNT connection be an appealing one? They've not said they're signing someone to wrestle - they've said a 'huge asset'. He's also one of the wrestlers Khan put on his 'Mount Rushmore' of wrestlers a little while ago, when he was asked. If there's no clear answer about his contract, I'd be putting down a fiver somewhere. (Then losing it when it turns out to be Christian, but still...)
BrodyGraham Posted March 6, 2021 Posted March 6, 2021 One little detail that's come out this week has made me cringe and giggle in equal amounts. The 6 guys in the ladder match will be climbing the ladder to grab a literal brass ring. A Brass Ring. Fucking hell. I don't know if that's genius or one of the dumbest things they've ever done. I sort of love how petty it is though.
Paid Members El Mistique Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 I’m convinced this is going to be a bait and switch. I don’t think you just announce the big show (legit in the top 5 most recognisable wrestlers of all time now) like they did and then start hyping up this mystery signing for it to be RVD/Christian/Dudley Boys. I think they do the announcement with whoever it is from one of the above or equivalent, and later in the show a much bigger run in / appearance in the main event. They need something for Omega and Moxley to move to next as this match is a proper fued ender. feel sorry for Mox / Omega. First time ever kind of match and all everyone is talking about is the merits of bringing in Christian.
Just Some Guy Posted March 6, 2021 Posted March 6, 2021 8 hours ago, DCW said: I'd be excited for Christian (or Christian Cage as they'd presumable have to call him The first instance of AEW having to add a surname rather than remove one (Rhodes, Gunn, Baretta). Christian wasn't a name I'd have thought of myself. Hoping for Steve Austin now!
Vamp Posted March 6, 2021 Posted March 6, 2021 Isn't Austin still creating content for the WWE network? He'd be a good signing for behind the scenes (if he's interested) but what do you do with him on screen once he's stunnered everyone and cut a promo with Cody? What's Nakamura's status? They'd probably do alright at presenting him as a huge star (at least among their audience) if he stepped out to confront Omega.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 Isn't Austin's new show on directly after Raw and on the same channel? Plus he's still doing shoot interviews for the Network.
Just Some Guy Posted March 6, 2021 Posted March 6, 2021 Just watching Dynamite now and have a question. He got a name check on the same show Four Horsemen signs were flashed. Could it be Barry Windham?
Paid Members Nick James Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 I've just seen Mark Henry suggested and I'm all for that. I can't see it being him, but if we get another Hall of Pain run, I think it's just what everyone needs, especially if he arrives in the salmon jacket.
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 Woke up excited for the PPV and then remembered they'd moved them to Sunday's now. That was the one thing I really liked that was different, does anyone know why they moved from a Saturday to a Sunday?
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 11 minutes ago, Shy Dad said: That was the one thing I really liked that was different, does anyone know why they moved from a Saturday to a Sunday? One more step towards becoming AEWWE.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2021 21 minutes ago, Shy Dad said: Woke up excited for the PPV and then remembered they'd moved them to Sunday's now. That was the one thing I really liked that was different, does anyone know why they moved from a Saturday to a Sunday? I believe it was to do with a clash with both UFC and the NBA All Star game (and with TNT being one of the homes of NBA probably didn’t want a clash). This is supposed to be a one off.
Recommended Posts