The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Out of left field AJ Lee wouldn't be the worst shout surely?

Before the Women's Revolution she was the Divas division and was a lot of what started to shift it from eye candy to trying to be more about the in ring content. In many ways she would be seen as a bonafide hall of famer more than many of the Divas who have gone in the last few years. 

She'd add a lot to the women's division in bringing in some name value, the fact she is married to Punk would give people enough of a thought about him coming in too. 

Of all the names that could be suggested, I'd rather see her with the likes of Britt Baker or when she returns Anna Jay than I would see with maybe Christian or RVD.

The more I think about how Tully is being used the more I think it will be Tessa this weekend. I get the feeling she was hoping for a WWE deal for Rumble, it never come to fution so now she signs with the next best thing. Tessa seems to be just working out every day and posting gym selfies atm, she hasn't really wrestled in a year (think there was like two appearances on indies over the summer).

Is she a mega star? Nope but she can be hyped as a big deal. Especially if she lays out the winner of women's match  and then signs the deal over their beaten body.

(And for what it's absolutely worth I think she is as good as any female wrestler in America on her day)

6 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Yup, and the last time basketball fans saw AEW when the playoffs were a lead in twitter was full of "What is this shit?" and laughing at Chris Jericho's tits and calling him cringeworthy.

Wrestling is the least cool thing in the world right now and the only people watching it are people like us who've watched it forever, and even then we're watching it less than ever. I've been watching this tripe since 1989 and I'm down to just a speed watch of Impact a week. I'll probably have it entirely out of my system soon.

I think this statement holds true for a lot of people, sadly.

I don't even speed watch Impact anymore. I watch all the classic content on the Network and if there is anything that seems worthwhile from reading the show reports I might check that out.
It used to be that EVERYONE's kids watched wrestling and, as you say, that's not the case anymore either.

It's sad to say but wrestling just isn't wrestling anymore. I know that makes me sound like Cornette but it's true. It's turned off fans like me who thought I would never stop watching no matter what and isn't attracting any new fans beyond people who watch it ironically. 

I wish AEW every success, if only because it might trigger Vince into getting shit shit together (if he is even capable anymore) and will likely watch the Exploding Barbed Wire match just for the spectacle but beyond that I'm almost all but out the door with modern wrestling and it's a real shame.

6 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

The more I think about how Tully is being used the more I think it will be Tessa this weekend. I get the feeling she was hoping for a WWE deal for Rumble, it never come to fution so now she signs with the next best thing. Tessa seems to be just working out every day and posting gym selfies atm, she hasn't really wrestled in a year (think there was like two appearances on indies over the summer).

Is she a mega star? Nope but she can be hyped as a big deal. Especially if she lays out the winner of women's match  and then signs the deal over their beaten body.

(And for what it's absolutely worth I think she is as good as any female wrestler in America on her day)

She's also a fucking nightmare and not sure she's worth hiring to be honest. If Vince is hesitant to hire her then surely Tony would be.

• Paid Members

I might be wrong but I'm sure Meltzer or someone reported months and months ago that AEW weren't interested in signing Tessa at all due to her shitty attitude.

Well seen as someone took a stab at it being The Great Khali and twitter seem convinced it’s either Ethan Page or Zelina Vega, I think it’s safe to say we’ve exhausted all possible candidates.

Not going to lie though, I’m as excited for that announcement as I am for anything else on Revolution, so job done

12 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Not a chance it's Tessa Blanchard. There are a lot of words and phrases you could use to describe Tessa Blanchard based on her reputation, but "hall of fame worthy" is not among them. 

AEW doesn't have a track record of over-hyping its signings, so I think this is someone Tony Khan feels fits that description. The fact they've not explicitly said it's a hall of famer (just "worthy") opens it up a little, but there really aren't many people who are free agents (or potentially free agents) who would fit that description, or Tony Khan's follow up comments of it being a "huge, huge star". 

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that it will indeed be Kurt Angle. Tony Khan's pals with Conrad Thompson; so there's an easy and direct link, and it doesn't feel like WWE wants to do anything with him. Certainly, if he fancies a return to the ring that won't be happening in WWE. 

It's not a signing that would excite me, but I can't talk myself into it potentially being someone else. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Well seen as someone took a stab at it being The Great Khali and twitter seem convinced it’s either Ethan Page or Zelina Vega, I think it’s safe to say we’ve exhausted all possible candidates.

Not going to lie though, I’m as excited for that announcement as I am for anything else on Revolution, so job done

Isn't the Page thing that they think he's the 6th man in the ladder match not the big signing?

30 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that it will indeed be Kurt Angle. Tony Khan's pals with Conrad Thompson; so there's an easy and direct link, and it doesn't feel like WWE wants to do anything with him. Certainly, if he fancies a return to the ring that won't be happening in WWE. 

It's not a signing that would excite me, but I can't talk myself into it potentially being someone else. 

It's occupied more of my time this week than I'd like to admit.

In descending order - based on my perceived likelihood - my top 5 currently are:

5) Rob Van Dam (...ugh)

4) Batista (He's said it's not him, it's probably not.)

3) Christian (apparently signed with WWE, we'll see.)

2) Pat McAfee (been flirting with AEW recently)

1) Kurt Angle

If Jeff Hardy's contract is coincidentally running out this week, he'd go to the top of my list. 

I'm actually considering staying up and watching Revolution life based solely on this. I haven't stayed up through the night for wrestling in a decade. Lockdown brain has me acting out, I think.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz