Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted March 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2021 1 hour ago, Kamaras-Tash said: You just suggested Aj Lee as the surprise ?? I never said I was smart ??
BrodyGraham Posted March 5, 2021 Posted March 5, 2021 I reckon Ethan Page is a good bet for the ladder match. I've seen people bring up Speedball Mike Bailey, but I reckon he's a good bet for the early weeks of Elevation. If he hadn't been banned from the States for 5 years he'd be signed somewhere already. The other name from the Indies that I've seen come up is Nick Gage, which would be fucking mental. Also if they're going the hardcore route, I'd rather see Gage than any ex ECW old men.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted March 5, 2021 Moderators Posted March 5, 2021 13 minutes ago, mim731 said: He mentioned on WWE Backstage a while back that he signed a multi-year new contract last year, so I don't think he's an option sadly. Not necessarily for the "big signing" spot, but probably more for the ladder match surprise, I wondered about Davey Boy Smith Jr. He's a free agent and although he's been talking about NXT I don't believe he's signed yet. Davey is pretty much nailed on to go back to WWE in some way was the impression I've been under
Moderators PowerButchi Posted March 5, 2021 Moderators Posted March 5, 2021 Any fuck that. I'm going for The Swingman
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted March 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2021 1 minute ago, BrodyGraham said: I reckon Ethan Page is a good bet for the ladder match. I've seen people bring up Speedball Mike Bailey, but I reckon he's a good bet for the early weeks of Elevation. If he hadn't been banned from the States for 5 years he'd be signed somewhere already. The other name from the Indies that I've seen come up is Nick Gage, which would be fucking mental. Also if they're going the hardcore route, I'd rather see Gage than any ex ECW old men. He's been on Twitter being with Veda Scott for the first time together in ages, that would make me think either she's in Canada or he's in America so it could be a case that he's now allowed back in the country.
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2021 Bailey's five years would be up this month; I don't know if it's as simple as that, or if there's more paperwork that would need to be filed, plus the additional complications of travel during the pandemic, but I expect he'll show up very soon.
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted March 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2021 (edited) 44 minutes ago, digitalversicolor said: I was thinking Raven as well for some mad reason. I initially thought Nick Gage, but he may be the sixth guy in the ladder match, either way I'm convinced he'll show up in AEW at some point. Hoping that Nick shows up during Moxley/Omega to cost someone the match (most likely Moxley as I assume he'll be taking time off for paternity leave in the maddest way possible). Eddie Kingston was the feel-good AEW story of 2020, and 2021 should belong to H8 CLUB. EASTERN BLOCK. GANG AFFILIATED. M-D-K AAAALLL FUCKING DAY. THE MAN. THE KING. THE FUCKING GOD OF THIS SHIT. NICK. FUCKING. GAGE. Edited March 5, 2021 by Accident Prone
Vamp Posted March 5, 2021 Posted March 5, 2021 I'm well up for Chris Masters showing up. Push him to the moon.
BrodyGraham Posted March 5, 2021 Posted March 5, 2021 36 minutes ago, Shy Dad said: He's been on Twitter being with Veda Scott for the first time together in ages, that would make me think either she's in Canada or he's in America so it could be a case that he's now allowed back in the country. Yeah, I understand that his ban is lifted. I do think though with him being off the US scene for 5 years, it might be a good idea to bring him back gradually. The AEW audience, might not all be huge fans of PWG circa 2015.
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted March 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2021 40 minutes ago, BomberPat said: Bailey's five years would be up this month; I don't know if it's as simple as that, or if there's more paperwork that would need to be filed, plus the additional complications of travel during the pandemic, but I expect he'll show up very soon. Does it help that they've just got married a few months back, with helping with the Visa stuff?
poetofthedeed Posted March 5, 2021 Posted March 5, 2021 I would love nick gage, just for the fact that they could only put him on pre taped shows because he can't cut a promo without threatening to kill a motherfucker.......
Just Some Guy Posted March 5, 2021 Posted March 5, 2021 Surely it's time for Danny "Boy" Collins to get a run in the USA! Joking aside, reading through the last few pages I get the impression that whoever turns out to be the big signing there will be a lot of people moaning that it's a let down and like the worst of TNA.
WyattSheepMask Posted March 5, 2021 Posted March 5, 2021 2 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said: Joking aside, reading through the last few pages I get the impression that whoever turns out to be the big signing there will be a lot of people moaning that it's a let down and like the worst of TNA. This place is a hell of a lot better at managing it’s expectations and we’ve had a bit of fun with it, but other areas of social media have brought out some absolute shockers. As has been said already, AEW have mostly done a great job at hyping things up to its audience, and they clearly have the confidence in whoever this signing is to generate the right kind of buzz, we’ve spent 8 pages talking it just since yesterday.
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2021 1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said: The AEW audience, might not all be huge fans of PWG circa 2015. The people who run it are and that seems to be all that matters. Realistically it doesn't matter who it is. The AEW hardcore fans will convince themselves that who ever it is, it is brilliant. They have got a throb on for Big Show turning up for fucks sake. BIG SHOW! who has been shit for every single year he has been in WWE, and before that he was pretty shit in every year of WCW.
Recommended Posts