Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bohan said:

The amount of times I've seen Angle suggested, "Hall of fame worthy" is what was said, has everyone forgotten that Angle is an actual WWE Hall of Famer???

I’ve seen people suggest Trish Stratus, AJ Lee and Zelina Vega despite them saying ‘he’.

The shackles are off with this guessing game.

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, Bohan said:

The amount of times I've seen Angle suggested, "Hall of fame worthy" is what was said, has everyone forgotten that Angle is an actual WWE Hall of Famer???

So's Nash but he's been in this thread a lot.

  • Paid Members
Posted

the WWE also isn't the only Hall of Fame in the world. I think people are reading too much into "Hall of Fame-worthy" - it's just a byword for "big star".

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’ve seen people suggest Trish Stratus, AJ Lee and Zelina Vega despite them saying ‘he’.

He also got the name of the PPV wrong so anything could be on the table here.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Just because they used the term "Hall Of Fame worthy" doesn't mean that they aren't already in a HoF, it just means they're worthy of the title "Hall Of Famer". I mean Drew Carey, Johnny Rodz and William “The Refrigerator” Perry are all in WWE's HoF, but they're hardly essential to pro wrestling's history.

AEW are just saying that the person coming in has real good credentials and decent name value.

Edited by Accident Prone
  • Paid Members
Posted

Could it be another body from Japan to follow the KENTA appearance and with FinJuice appearing on Impact at the moment? Maybe we'll get that Minoru Suzuki/Orange Cassidy match we were supposed to have last year before Covid scuppered everything.

Ive seen Carlito's name bandied around, but that feels more like it'd be something impact would do rather than AEW. 

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Shane Douglas or Raven or former World Champion Al Snow. 

 

I'd become a viewer if its midlife crisis RVD with Katie Forbes though. 

Edited by PowerButchi
Posted
4 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Raven

I was thinking Raven as well for some mad reason. I initially thought Nick Gage, but he may be the sixth guy in the ladder match, either way I'm convinced he'll show up in AEW at some point.

Posted

Isn't Show mates with Hogan?

If it wasn't for the fact that Flair was working a storyline with his daughter I could buy it being him. They'd get away with hyping him like that and he fits the criteria of someone Cody would want to work with. 

As it is I'm going for Nash and Hall and a NWO rehash. 

Posted
31 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Could it be another body from Japan to follow the KENTA appearance and with FinJuice appearing on Impact at the moment? Maybe we'll get that Minoru Suzuki/Orange Cassidy match we were supposed to have last year before Covid scuppered everything.

 

He’s wrestling for NJPW on Saturday in the New Japan Cup.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

If Jeff Hardy's contract is coincidentally running out this week, he'd go to the top of my list. 

He mentioned on WWE Backstage a while back that he signed a multi-year new contract last year, so I don't think he's an option sadly. 

Not necessarily for the "big signing" spot, but probably more for the ladder match surprise, I wondered about Davey Boy Smith Jr. He's a free agent and although he's been talking about NXT I don't believe he's signed yet. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I for one applaud AEW becoming TNA circa 2010. When are they doing their ECW revival?

  • Paid Members
Posted
36 minutes ago, digitalversicolor said:

I was thinking Raven as well for some mad reason. I initially thought Nick Gage, but he may be the sixth guy in the ladder match, either way I'm convinced he'll show up in AEW at some point.

Raven did some stuff with them previously - he did some recording for the voice of the Exalted One as a red herring, and was ringside at an early Dynamite, but he's said that he doesn't want to be working shows during the pandemic because of his health.

 

5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I for one applaud AEW becoming TNA circa 2010. When are they doing their ECW revival?

They're only TNA circa 2010 if it turns out to be a WWE midcarder. If Damien Sandow or Chris Masters rock up on Saturday, I'll grant you that one. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...