The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Louch said:

With the tag rumble it could be The Bossman. 

With Paul surfing the casket, for extra Russo points.

• Paid Members

The fact they've signed them to a multi year deal would indicate it's not anyone from NJPW or under any sort of contract anywhere else. Oh shit, what if it's Carlito?

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I mean, we need to remember that this is a company who use terms like 'legend' for people like Emi Sakura and Kenta so 'Huge, huge star' likely means 'Huge huge star to our fans' not necessarily a huge, huge star.
I'm not overly familiar with PWG but I'm going with someone from there. 

They literally just had Shaq and Paul Wight on the show we're talking about. And have had Mike Tyson, Sting and Bret Hart turning up, amongst others. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I mean, we need to remember that this is a company who use terms like 'legend' for people like Emi Sakura and Kenta so 'Huge, huge star' likely means 'Huge huge star to our fans' not necessarily a huge, huge star.
I'm not overly familiar with PWG but I'm going with someone from there. 

There's no way Khan is using that kind of language, and using Big Show's segment to hype it up, for someone from sodding PWG, be reasonable. The fact that Big Show's signing got major attention, and they've just used it to build to the next one suggests it's a bigger deal than Big Show.

They might (deservedly) call Emi Sakura a legend, but that's to put her over to the fanbase that are already watching. I can't think of an instance like this where they've really laid on the hype and it's not delivered - this isn't a TNA boy who cried wolf situation of promising a "World Champion" and giving us Al Snow, it's a promoter and a promotion who have done a very good job of being in touch with their fanbase and not over-promising on anything.

For all the "I'll eat my hat if it's Cena" types, I'd be far more inclined to eat my hat if it's anyone of less importance than a multiple time WWE champion.

• Paid Members

By announcing this so close to the show, it's all anyone is talking about. Completely over shadows that a exploding barbed wire deathmatch is main eventing a US PPV. Weird times indeed.

An interesting thing was when Wight said "it's not who you think" but I can't really think of anyone as an obvious pick. Man, if they don't follow through with something special AEW are going to lose a lot of good will.

My only caution with Tony Khan talking about huge, huge stars is that the guy has been hyperbolic with Fulham. He called Ruben Loftus-Cheek a world-class signing (and I’m a Chelsea fan and think that’s ridiculous).

39 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

An interesting thing was when Wight said "it's not who you think" but I can't really think of anyone as an obvious pick. Man, if they don't follow through with something special AEW are going to lose a lot of good will.

Isn't Punk always the first name that comes out in anything like this? At least I always see his name trending etc.

They’ve really made a rod for their own back with this one. It’s all anyone’s talking about and anything less than a CM Punk/Eddie Guerrero 2-man-power-trip feels like it’s going to get shat on.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I'd mark out for this, bro. I'd be the only one but still.

SDyo.jpg

Prime Super Dragon and Darby Allin in a Guerrilla Warfare match at the legion hall would’ve been one of those Indy dream matches. Chairs and skateboards just been launched all over the place.