The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

How rich is Tony Khan and how much of a mercenary is Brock Lesnar?

Lesnar lives in Canada, I'm not sure how easily he'd be able to travel (and, more importantly, travel back) under current restrictions. I'm sure he'd be perfectly happy quarantining, though.

I agree that we shouldn't just be thinking about the WWE Hall of Fame. I think Show just the used the term "Hall of Fame" to refer to a level of stardom rather than meaning they're literally in, or eligible to be in, a Hall of Fame. Either that or it's a bait and switch and it's a UFC Hall of Famer or something.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Either that or it's a bait and switch and it's a UFC Hall of Famer or something.

Don't say that, I'm having painful flashbacks to Tito Ortis and King Mo in TNA.

• Paid Members

Tony Khan on AEW Unrestricted podcast:

“A major star in the world of wrestling—a huge, huge star—is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW on Sunday at the Pay-Per-View. So I can confirm what Paul [Wight] said is true.”

“Major star?” “Huge, huge star”? Well, it’s obvious, then.

F6385A7D-F3E2-40F0-B403-06DAAC2A4B99.gif.d4ea333c855a36600880a2e0c6e4d8d0.gif

• Paid Members

If he's using language like that and it's anyone less that CM Punk or Sid's level, people are going to be throwing their toys out their pram. I hope it's not Sabu.

I'll send Chris B a fiver if it's John Cena. 

Edited by gmoney

I genuinely don’t know who it could be that wouldn’t be a disappointment.

Who the fuck even qualifies as ‘huge, huge’ and is within their orbit?

multi-year deal suggests they expect to get some mileage out of it, so I can’t imagine it’ll be Kurt Angle. RVD maybe fits the bill but doesn’t quite live up to the hype. Christian would be disappointing.

Could they have got into Batista?

Would it be Kane? What’s Jeff Hardy’s deal at the minute?

It’s interesting, if nothing else.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Batista isn't a bad shout. I think there's only a handful of names that would be worth hyping to this extent. You don't get your freshly signed Paul Wight to spend his debut hyping up a new signing, and then have Tony Khan hype it majorly online unless it's worth it. Christian and RVD are not worth it.

In terms of massive names we have Cena, Batista and Lesnar. Another one could be Goldberg but fuck that. Is Rhonda Rousey a free agent? What about Undertaker?