The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

God, could you imagine how painful it would be if it is The Undertaker, doing unscripted promos and just being his own, boring self. Whomever it is, if they are a mega star, I wonder how they are going to shoehorn a dig about being 'held back' by WWE in some way. 

With them saying 'hall of fame worthy', if that's correct, that would rule out Kurt. By 'its not who you think', you would imagine that would rule out Punk. I don't think Lesnar would be arsed to jump ship without lobbying for more from Vince (and Vince obliging). 

The thing with AEW is, I don't think they would hype something like this and underdeliver like TNA used to, they seem pretty firm on the ground that they don't want to dupe people so you would imagine it's definitely one to check out.

Batista was due to go into the HoF last year so presume that will be rolled over to this year.

I'm going with Christian or Tessa Blanchard, but neither I would imagine being hyped so much by AEW.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

Because TNA has conditioned us over the years to basically view any announcements outside WWE with the side-eye, is it possible we're not giving Khan and co. the credit that they've thus far earned?

I very much doubt it, but just imagine if they've signed The Rock or Batista.

EDIT: I started typing this about half an hour ago and stepped away from my laptop. Everyone else has done this better.

Edited by Carbomb

It’s also worth pointing out that Big Show killed whatever credibility he had left by tucking in that horrendous t-shirt.

Big daft twat looked like he’d gone to see his kids’ rock band play a school concert and wanted to show he was down with the kids by wearing a novelty shirt all wrong.

*edit* I dared to look on twitter at who people are suggesting for the surprise. Zelina seems to be a lot of people’s pick. Also seen a lot of people lobbying for Mauro Ranallo and that it’ll be too announce the Elevation show, hence why Paul Wight is announcing it.

Fuck me, if we go through all this and it’s someone like Mauro or Jerry Lawler? 

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

If for some reason they do sign Mauro bloody Ranallo it'll be enough to get me to stop watching whatever show they stick him on, so hopefully he gets relegated to whichever version of the Darks will be the worse one.

Tony Khan on AEW Unrestricted podcast:

“A major star in the world of wrestling—a huge, huge star—is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW on Sunday at the Pay-Per-View. So I can confirm what Paul [Wight] said is true.”

And Wilson Pickett is gonna jam with The Commitments.

Jake 'The Snake'  just needs a little moped like Joey 'The Lips' 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I thought Cargill probably sold a bit too much for Velvet but as they were carrying the brunt of the wrestling, I understand.

[Reading too much into this] I watched this twice since this morning, and Jade only took two actual bumps - the splash she rolled through into a carry, and the spear that the camera missed. It's probably where I was expecting a lot more from considering the build, and if that's the last of this angle it doesn't do much for Velvet. I was also mad that a legit squash happened next to kill more time, and did Jade have *any* on Dark? [/reading too much into this]

Yeah, the table spot was great.

I'm totally on board with what's said about the rest of the show. Especially Scorpio's "commentary" that I actually had to mute. The rap shot at Lady Gaga wasn't needed, it was something that would've got Caster shitcanned inside minutes with the WWE - "Abraham Washington" ring a bell or two?

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Fucking hell, what if nobody has noticed Bray Wyatt’s contract has ran out? Please, no!

This x Eleventy Buzzards.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

The dulcet tones of bootleg Black Sabbath kick in...

Bro.

Russo? Riddle? Russo, then Riddle?