Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Slight change to tomorrow’s Dynamite, instead of Dark Order against Matt Hardy, Private Party and Hybrid2 it’s now Hardy and Marq Quen against DO’s John Silver and Hangman Page

Posted (edited)

It was odd, Nyla rapidly fell down the pecking order once they paired up. A pretty bad idea.

Their BTE Nun gimmick is just bad, too. It's not funny and doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Merzbow
  • Paid Members
Posted

Oh most definitely. Gets blown up, takes a couple of months off for paternity leave then comes back ready to fight again.

Posted
13 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Didn't it come out that it was Nyla's idea to be with Vickie?

It did - Vickie mentioned that on AEW Unrestricted, which I found surprising. 

Have they actually separated as a pairing? 

Nyla didn't need a manager, but the right person could have added to her act, in the way that Tully Blanchard adds to FTR, or Paul Heyman adds to Roman Reigns. Unfortunately, Vickie is/was not that person. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think that Nyla wanted someone to play off and bring out more of her own character. Based on her in interviews, and some of the games stuff they do, Nyla is generally likeable and funny. And I suspect 'shouty beast' isn't all she wants to do - it wasn't a bad idea, but it hasn't done much. I'm not ruling it out either.

I felt a bit bad for Vickie recently because a bunch of news-sites (Cultaholic etc) misunderstood a story that had done the rounds. It was reported that she was angling to be made GM of AEW, and it just led to people talking about how authority figures were a shit idea. Except what she'd pitched was actually that her character would be angling to be made GM. Not saying that's great either, but it's not delusional and poor booking either.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I think that Nyla wanted someone to play off and bring out more of her own character. Based on her in interviews, and some of the games stuff they do, Nyla is generally likeable and funny. And I suspect 'shouty beast' isn't all she wants to do - it wasn't a bad idea, but it hasn't done much. I'm not ruling it out either.

I felt a bit bad for Vickie recently because a bunch of news-sites (Cultaholic etc) misunderstood a story that had done the rounds. It was reported that she was angling to be made GM of AEW, and it just led to people talking about how authority figures were a shit idea. Except what she'd pitched was actually that her character would be angling to be made GM. Not saying that's great either, but it's not delusional and poor booking either.

I feel sorry for her too, she seems like a lovely person and I can completely understand why they would want to find a role for her in AEW. Heck, maybe there is one. Perhaps she'd be fun paired up with someone like Peter Avalon, or another undercard act that mainly lives on Dark.

As for Nyla, I think she has the potential to be a strong babyface. She's quick-witted and has the mic skills, and her ring work has come on leaps and bounds since her AEW debut. A babyface Nyla feuding with a heel champ Britt Baker could be a hell of a lot of fun. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Except what she'd pitched was actually that her character would be angling to be made GM. Not saying that's great either, but it's not delusional and poor booking either.

To be honest that sounds like it would belong on BTE to me and not that main show. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

59E0029C-D1A3-4357-8EBB-00373D5D5C61.thumb.jpeg.850af1f2ce59e910d759512296862c76.jpeg

That’s a nice little lineup, but come on. You’ve got to be out of your mind if you put Cody and Shaq on after PAC and Fenix. Those two together need to be the main event on any show they feature.

Posted
27 minutes ago, Supremo said:

59E0029C-D1A3-4357-8EBB-00373D5D5C61.thumb.jpeg.850af1f2ce59e910d759512296862c76.jpeg

That’s a nice little lineup, but come on. You’ve got to be out of your mind if you put Cody and Shaq on after PAC and Fenix. Those two together need to be the main event on any show they feature.

They've announced that Shaq/Jade Vs Cody/Velvet is opening the show. Wonder if they figure that things can only get better?

  • Paid Members
Posted
29 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

They've announced that Shaq/Jade Vs Cody/Velvet is opening the show. Wonder if they figure that things can only get better?

We can only d:ream

  • Paid Members
Posted

Awesome news about Cody going on first. I assumed it was the main event. Hopefully they close with another Fenix blinder.

Bad that they haven’t listed the women’s match in that graphic though. The final of a World Title eliminator! They really don’t help themselves.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

59E0029C-D1A3-4357-8EBB-00373D5D5C61.thumb.jpeg.850af1f2ce59e910d759512296862c76.jpeg

That’s a nice little lineup, but come on. You’ve got to be out of your mind if you put Cody and Shaq on after PAC and Fenix. Those two together need to be the main event on any show they feature.

Depends who they're wrestling I suppose. Not sure I'd want to see Pac & Fenix vs Chaos Project in the main.

My guess is the six man will be the main event and rightfully so. Cracking little feud. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...