The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

13 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Didn't it come out that it was Nyla's idea to be with Vickie?

It did - Vickie mentioned that on AEW Unrestricted, which I found surprising. 

Have they actually separated as a pairing? 

Nyla didn't need a manager, but the right person could have added to her act, in the way that Tully Blanchard adds to FTR, or Paul Heyman adds to Roman Reigns. Unfortunately, Vickie is/was not that person. 

• Paid Members

I think that Nyla wanted someone to play off and bring out more of her own character. Based on her in interviews, and some of the games stuff they do, Nyla is generally likeable and funny. And I suspect 'shouty beast' isn't all she wants to do - it wasn't a bad idea, but it hasn't done much. I'm not ruling it out either.

I felt a bit bad for Vickie recently because a bunch of news-sites (Cultaholic etc) misunderstood a story that had done the rounds. It was reported that she was angling to be made GM of AEW, and it just led to people talking about how authority figures were a shit idea. Except what she'd pitched was actually that her character would be angling to be made GM. Not saying that's great either, but it's not delusional and poor booking either.

8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I think that Nyla wanted someone to play off and bring out more of her own character. Based on her in interviews, and some of the games stuff they do, Nyla is generally likeable and funny. And I suspect 'shouty beast' isn't all she wants to do - it wasn't a bad idea, but it hasn't done much. I'm not ruling it out either.

I felt a bit bad for Vickie recently because a bunch of news-sites (Cultaholic etc) misunderstood a story that had done the rounds. It was reported that she was angling to be made GM of AEW, and it just led to people talking about how authority figures were a shit idea. Except what she'd pitched was actually that her character would be angling to be made GM. Not saying that's great either, but it's not delusional and poor booking either.

I feel sorry for her too, she seems like a lovely person and I can completely understand why they would want to find a role for her in AEW. Heck, maybe there is one. Perhaps she'd be fun paired up with someone like Peter Avalon, or another undercard act that mainly lives on Dark.

As for Nyla, I think she has the potential to be a strong babyface. She's quick-witted and has the mic skills, and her ring work has come on leaps and bounds since her AEW debut. A babyface Nyla feuding with a heel champ Britt Baker could be a hell of a lot of fun. 

20 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Except what she'd pitched was actually that her character would be angling to be made GM. Not saying that's great either, but it's not delusional and poor booking either.

To be honest that sounds like it would belong on BTE to me and not that main show. 

• Paid Members

59E0029C-D1A3-4357-8EBB-00373D5D5C61.thumb.jpeg.850af1f2ce59e910d759512296862c76.jpeg

That’s a nice little lineup, but come on. You’ve got to be out of your mind if you put Cody and Shaq on after PAC and Fenix. Those two together need to be the main event on any show they feature.

27 minutes ago, Supremo said:

59E0029C-D1A3-4357-8EBB-00373D5D5C61.thumb.jpeg.850af1f2ce59e910d759512296862c76.jpeg

That’s a nice little lineup, but come on. You’ve got to be out of your mind if you put Cody and Shaq on after PAC and Fenix. Those two together need to be the main event on any show they feature.

They've announced that Shaq/Jade Vs Cody/Velvet is opening the show. Wonder if they figure that things can only get better?

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

They've announced that Shaq/Jade Vs Cody/Velvet is opening the show. Wonder if they figure that things can only get better?

We can only d:ream

• Paid Members

Awesome news about Cody going on first. I assumed it was the main event. Hopefully they close with another Fenix blinder.

Bad that they haven’t listed the women’s match in that graphic though. The final of a World Title eliminator! They really don’t help themselves.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Depends who they're wrestling I suppose. Not sure I'd want to see Pac & Fenix vs Chaos Project in the main.

My guess is the six man will be the main event and rightfully so. Cracking little feud.