The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Big Show, Young Bucks, Cody & Jericho all in the one company. More reasons not to watch!

Nah, but fair play to Show. I'd say he negotiated himself a good deal and he gets to abandon mad Vince's shiteshow of a company after 20 odd years of mainly shite booking. New Years baby Show was unforgivable!

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It's more interesting for what it represents, though - Big Show has only worked one match outside of WWE since 1999. If he's not a WWE lifer, and is open to jumping ship, who else could make the jump?

I know it's not likely, because he is a real, real lifer but I would be super intrigued to see Randy Orton in AEW if he was motivated. It would probably be a car crash, but I can't think of another big WWE name I'd be more curious to see in that environment. 

Edited by mim731
Spelling

I can see why WWE weren't too fussed about keeping him around, especially if he wanted too much money.

While Tony predictably jumped at the chance and couldn't give a shit about money.

All in all a pretty mental yet strangely exciting signing. Anything can happen in the World Wrestling Federation AEW!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

1. Maryland Athletic Commission has pretty strict rules on blood and stuff during wrestling events.

2. Pretty sure Tony is working on us on this.

Cheers I thought it was something along those lines, couldn't remember exactly whether it was TV rules, state rules, county rules as I know there's loads of variance in the US.

It did cross my mind it might be a work.  I'm just uncomfortable with the whole idea of Sting wrestling again so I'm definitely guilty of giving more credence to statements that suggest he might not be up to it. I don't see much more being added to his legacy so the risks are too high in my opinion. Time well tell I suppose.

• Paid Members

Love it. Criminally underutilised in these later years considering it seems like every year we see “Big Show in the shape of his life” then he comes out and cries and is never seen again.

The size dynamic is so exciting to me. Him vs Marko, a faceoff with Luchasaurus and a match with Jungle Boy. He could make that stable.

Would love to see him vs Omega, Cody, Moxley, Darby. Loads of real cool, fresh matchups.

Just watching Dark and who the hell is JD Drake?!? What an odd looking beefy boy he is and that match with Eddie Kingston was wonderful, I think he's already overtook M'Badu for my main jobber lad.

He looks right out of a pre-Attitude RAW job match but can hit like a freight train.

Edited by Merzbow