Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I forgot all about the Luchasaurus thing, I really wish they'd have had him come back with a new mask or something different rather than just a copy of the original. It now looks like he's gone down Toys R Us for a replacement.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/19/2021 at 12:24 PM, Chili said:

Seeing him recently I'd be assuming this is a legit question.

I know this isn’t the point of the discussion, and is probably a discussion for a different thread, but do people actually think Edge looks old for his age? I’d kill to look like that at 47.

Posted

He’s looked fine recently, but at the Rumble and the Raw after he looked weirdly rough.

He looked gaunt and his beard was grown out a bit and grey. Combo of that and him pissing sweat looking exhausted being back in the ring after a year, I think he looked old.

But, in his skivvies recently he’s looked great. Like you say, I’d kill to look like that in 14 years time. I worry I look worst than that now.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I mean I think it's hard to deny that at 47 he's probably in better physical shape than most people are at their prime. His face though looked fairly haggard and old.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted

When I saw Sting up for that powerbomb I thought somebody would make the save, but Cage looked like he was tucking him into bed the way he put him down. 

Add me to the list of people thinking "why bother" with Luchasaurus's "new" mask. 

That death match could be interesting. It'll also be fascinating to see what develops further with the Bucks and the rest of the Club. Do we have Bucks/Page Vs Kenny/Good Brothers somewhere down the line? 

Speaking of Page, do we have him lose to Hardy at Revolution so he ends up broke and with no choice but to throw in with the dark order for a while? 

Posted
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Speaking of Page, do we have him lose to Hardy at Revolution so he ends up broke and with no choice but to throw in with the dark order for a while? 

Have they still got some that Chili's money knocking about?

Posted
On 2/20/2021 at 2:04 PM, Chili said:

They're doing a sunday special on Bleacher Report on 28/2 with Riho/Thunder Rosa Eliminator Tourney as the big match to catch on the show. 

State of the reaction this will get in some places. Honestly I can't hear the most basic complaints about the women in AEW without hearing it in Milhouse and his firework factory voice. 

Proper big opportunity this, and actually putting on a women's match is a better option. But yeah, I'm sure the promotion just hate women or something blah blah. 

It is the opinion of the of wrestling fans of today. I swear the average IQ of fans under the 25 is below 80

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/19/2021 at 5:35 PM, CavemanLynn said:

I give zero shits about a match where money is at stake.

On this subject - Jim Ross endlessly going on about everything being, “all about the money,” is doing my head in.

I can see his logic. It adds a sense of realism and highlights the importance of wins and losses. Referencing the idea of a winner’s purse also gives even the most basic, filler matches a reason for existing. But fuck me. Sometimes it’s not about the money, Jim. Sometimes there are other, more important stories being told. The way he endlessly interrupts or talks over people to make the same tired point detracts massively.

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Speaking of Page, do we have him lose to Hardy at Revolution so he ends up broke and with no choice but to throw in with the dark order for a while? 

I’m hoping he wins so he can buy the Dark Order a new table. Or maybe he buys the Dark Order to become leader?

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m hoping he wins so he can buy the Dark Order a new table. Or maybe he buys the Dark Order to become leader?

I will accept no new leader other than Maki Itoh. Just the interactions between her and Jon Silver on twitter has me desperate for this to happen.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong was a lot of fun. Seeing more of Aja Kong has made me like her more, as her previous showings in AEW didn't really show much of what she was all about. But she rocks - slow moving and clearly not at her peak, she doesn't pretend otherwise - she lumbers about and just kicks the shit out of people. It's so much better than Matt Hardy pretending to have working hips.

But that's probably my favourite match of the tournament so far.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, this tournament has opened my eyes to Aja Kong too. Would really like to check out some of her earlier stuff now. The look of disdain she has on her face as she strolls out is a thing of beauty, like shes completely above all this pro wrestling bollocks but is gonna give it a go anyway.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...