The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The Japanese side of the Wonens Title Eliminator Tournament is well worth it if you get a spare hour

That was, as @LaGooshsaid, a very easy watch. If you haven't watched something like this before, it's a little bit of a culture shock - it isn't going to immediately win anyone over in terms of presentation. It looks a little low-rent, and the first match is the weakest by far. However, Veny vs Emi Sakamura was great fun (and interesting to have AEW's second trans/non-binary wrestler). Holy crap, but Maki Itoh is a star. If AEW bring her in, she could be huge - the way she projects so much emotion, while being hilarious, 

• Paid Members

Dark was cracking last night. 12 matches in an hour and some proper squash matches in there too. Hopefully it follows this format more going forwards, as Jurassic Express, Starks and Hobbs all came out of this episode looking incredible compared to previous weeks where almost every match is a back and forth affair and nobody stands out. Loved it.

16 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

So, is shanna just completely shite, or is her inability to hit her own finisher properly one of those aew in jokes I'm missing? 

She's alright Shanna as a performer, solid hand, but she's never shown/been given a proper go of it yet either. The finisher issue is similar to a few weeks ago when the woman taking the bump (Tiger Suplex into a pin if you've never seen Shanna folks) dead weighted at the last moment and Shanna had to redo the move and looked rightly a bit miffed. This week it looked like Shanna lifted too much and her opponent jumped too high and they went flying. Eh, run of bad luck, but I quite like her otherwise.

Edited by Chili

7 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Even as someone who went through their 'joshi phase' several years back, I couldn't get into the tournament. Good on AEW for spotlighting these workers and promotions though, it's pretty cool. Excalibur's voice is so grating!

Why is Starks seemingly on Dark every week while the likes of Luther stink up Dynamite?

Luther is jobbing to OC tonight, it'll be a weird fun match probably, The silly stuff with the Dark Order proved that as shit as Luther is, he has SOME use as a bottom of the actual stars act.

Starks is lush, but maybe they have something lined up for the weeks coming up to the PPV for him. He might get an actual crack at Darby's belt before the show happens. Being in Team Taz who have been on promo duty means Starks has had to lurk around there whilst other angles get their time too. I'm really interested in Team Taz post Revolution, trying to figure out where they go win or lose.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chili said:

Luther is jobbing to OC tonight, it'll be a weird fun match probably, The silly stuff with the Dark Order proved that as shit as Luther is, he has SOME use as a bottom of the actual stars act.

Starks is lush, but maybe they have something lined up for the weeks coming up to the PPV for him. He might get an actual crack at Darby's belt before the show happens. Being in Team Taz who have been on promo duty means Starks has had to lurk around there whilst other angles get their time too. I'm really interested in Team Taz post Revolution, trying to figure out where they go win or lose.

Plenty of interesting things to do with Team Taz post Sting. Personally I'm hoping for a feud with the Dark Order. Those loveable geeks fighting for their lives against the nasty arrogant bullies in Team Taz would be great telly. Or a monster vs monster match with Lance Archer and Cage.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Hell yeah.

Is more her 90 day non compete is up. I wouldn't expect to see her signed (there's been very little interest according to a few reports) but it means she can get back out doing shows again.

That said, her turning up in AEW and aligning with someone like Santana and Ortiz post Inner Circle would be alright.

'Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match'

At least Impact is on on Tuesday's, I guess.

Garbage, utter garbage. Nonsensical rubbish. Rest of the show was good, but absolutely terrible ending. Fucking hell.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz