The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Entertaining enough episode and my fast forward button remained untouched. Do I know Cesar Bononi from CWC or NXT or both?

Loved MJFs sly smirk as Sammy quit the Inner Circle; as Sammy left the stadium the childish part of me wanted the turnstiles to be locked so he would just have to sadly stand there. 

Could have done without Matt Hardy’s stage whisper to the camera. 
Loved the ref having to hold the tables during the Mox-Kenta kitchen fight. Archer was impressive. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If The Bucks can just make a Tag Title match between themselves and P&P, why did they need to enter & win a Battle Royale to make one between themselves and The Good Brothers?

Ooh I know this! Because The Good Brothers aren't a top ranked tag team in AEW while Pride and Powerful are number five in the rankings.

• Awards Moderator

PAC was outstanding this week. Unlike Cody, Omega and even Hangman in their recent matches against nobodies who got far too much shine against the top stars, PAC made sure that you never doubted for a second he’s several dozen levels above the likes of Nemeth.

Also enjoyed the Anywhereness of Falls Count Anywhere. SmackDown 2 memories from the kitchen segment.

4 hours ago, Project Nim said:

Could have done without Matt Hardy’s stage whisper to the camera. 

I actually liked it - I didn't catch it the first time, but it was just a way to get Hardy looking away while Hangman switched the contract on him. In an attempt to be clever, Matt fucked himself.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

11 minutes ago, Jackpot said:

Did I imagine it or did they announce that Matt Syadal's brother, Mike, will be on next week's show?

You didn't imagine it. In fact this is what's up so far next week.

*Moxley, Archer & Fenix/Kingston, Butcher & Blade 

*Young Bucks/Proud n Powerful - Tag Belts

*Deeb/Riho - Women's Eliminator

*Hardy, Private Party & Hangman/TH2 & Chaos Project

*FTR/Sydals

*Sting/Team Taz stuff again. 

4 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I actually liked it - I didn't catch it the first time, but it was just a way to get Hardy looking away while Hangman switched the contract on him. In an attempt to be clever, Matt fucked himself.

Liam I’ll hold my hands up here I missed the switch; in my defence I’m getting older and my eyes are woeful 🙂

Whilst I’m here have loved your recent deep dives on 91 WWE, I started watching shortly before Summerslam of that year so it’s bringing back great memories with the usual deep insight you provide so thank you

4 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I missed this, did by any chance the dark order slip him them as he walked by them? It was that last week?

I missed it too, watched the whole show and thought the angle was just Hardy tricking Hangman in a bit of a hokey fashion, until somebody mentioned it to me. Second viewing, and sure as shit, Hangman swapped the contract. Makes the rest of the conversation great too, as Hardy promises Page is going to make so much more money now, and Page just says, "Yeah, I will."

I love the little touches in AEW, the main event tag match started with all 4 guys in different corners, because even though the heels and faces are tagging with each other, they have no reason to trust each other.

Echoing the sentiments for the Smackdown 2 feel of the main event, chaos.

I also missed Hangman switching the contract out on first viewing, glad I wasn't the only one😂