Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
21 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Nope, you didn't. Sydal was on Unrestricted this week talking up his own tag credentials and mentioned that he wanted a decent run with his brother.

Do they really need another tag team though? And given the quality of the top teams in AEW, Matt & Mick Sydal are going to need to be exceptional to get close to a title winning run. 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

How long has Zigglers brother been wrestling? He seems a bit shit, fiddles with his shorts a bit much as well.

I remember him being in the early days of NXT briefly, so a fair few years now.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Jackpot said:

Do they really need another tag team though? And given the quality of the top teams in AEW, Matt & Mick Sydal are going to need to be exceptional to get close to a title winning run. 

Matt Sydal is basically in the company to give the other talent a decent match and put them over when someone needs it. I don't reckon his tag team will be much different. 

Posted
47 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Matt Sydal is basically in the company to give the other talent a decent match and put them over when someone needs it. I don't reckon his tag team will be much different. 

Yeah, this. Also it would be nice for Mike to be known for something other than being the victim of one of indie wrestling's most outrageous liberties.

Posted
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The Japanese side of the Wonens Title Eliminator Tournament is well worth it if you get a spare hour

 

I hope they give this a solid MOTD-style 'and in other matches...' 15+ minute block on Dynamite. A highlight reel of what these girls can do would be great for the 'worldwide' angle AEW is currently going for, and will serve to hype up Shida's eventual opponent. Here's also hoping that we get full matches from the semis onwards.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

I hope they give this a solid MOTD-style 'and in other matches...' 15+ minute block on Dynamite. A highlight reel of what these girls can do would be great for the 'worldwide' angle AEW is currently going for, and will serve to hype up Shida's eventual opponent. Here's also hoping that we get full matches from the semis onwards.

I'd just like to see punditry on wrestling shows in general. Always adds a dimension, plus it's a good way to keep wrestlers involved who are injured, semi-retired, or just wanting to keep ticking over.

Posted
46 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

That was a very easy watch. Get him away from JRs nonsense and fuck ups - Excalibur is a very good wrestling commentator. 

I've been saying this since All-In. I really like Excalibur, he always gets the wrestlers' stories over, he knows his shit, calls the action well and portrays excitement without ever going full Ranallo.

For a promotion who aspire to showcase modern wrestling, whilst acknowledging it's heritage, he's incredibly important. It's one of the primary reasons that JR's presence is so galling. Ross seems to spend half the show looking to name drop Dick Slater and a myriad of wrestlers' from the 70's but reacts with palpable disgust to the name checking of modern independent or foreign talent. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I'd just like to see punditry on wrestling shows in general. Always adds a dimension, plus it's a good way to keep wrestlers involved who are injured, semi-retired, or just wanting to keep ticking over.

It'd be a good way to get the "more sporting" idea over. JR could be a host or talking head on this, maybe do some sit down interviews. 

I'd imagine all they'll mention of the Japanese matches is to check out YouTube to watch them. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
Spoiler

Totally not salty about Itoh jobbing up front, but it's going to be Rosa vs Kong in the final, isn't it?

 

Posted
1 hour ago, seph said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Totally not salty about Itoh jobbing up front, but it's going to be Rosa vs Kong in the final, isn't it?

 

I reckon it's Baker in the final. I dunno if they go with Kong or Yuka on the other side. Yuka has a pin on her so I don't know if they avenge that now or when Baker has the belt.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...