The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I agree to a point, but MJF attempting to secretly record Sammy whilst the camera was on him was a bit weird.

I liked it. It was a typical cheap sneaky move by MJF but Sammy instantly picked up on it. I like that AEW doesn't portray their characters as complete idiots like WWE does and I feel like MJF has enough to claim plausible deniability. His smug look when Sammy quit was gold. I'm loving how this story is developing. 

13 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I liked it. It was a typical cheap sneaky move by MJF but Sammy instantly picked up on it. I like that AEW doesn't portray their characters as complete idiots like WWE does and I feel like MJF has enough to claim plausible deniability. His smug look when Sammy quit was gold. I'm loving how this story is developing. 

I liked all that, but it was more the fact that - as invisible cameras don’t exist in AEW, and Sammy had already addressed the camera man - it doesn’t make sense as a move to try and record Sammy does it? Like, the provocation in itself was recorded.

Besides that little bit, I thought the rest played out beautifully. I’ve you say, MJF’s face when Sammy quit was A*.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I liked all that, but it was more the fact that - as invisible cameras don’t exist in AEW, and Sammy had already addressed the camera man - it doesn’t make sense as a move to try and record Sammy does it? Like, the provocation in itself was recorded.

Isn't that the point though?

MJF provoked Sammy into quitting the Inner Circle but, if anyone accuses him, he's got that as an out. He's been caught doing dodgy stuff on TV before after all. In fact that was the reason Sammy threatened to quit in the first place.

Basically he set Sammy up by making him think he was setting him up.

3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I agree to a point, but MJF attempting to secretly record Sammy whilst the camera was on him was a bit weird.

Like, if Inner Circle watch that tape back there’s no way they can see anything other than MJF being a turd.

I suppose MJF could blow it off by saying that he wasn't recording them and Sammy was being paranoid.

But yeah was an awkward moment. 

1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

Isn't that the point though?

MJF provoked Sammy into quitting the Inner Circle but, if anyone accuses him, he's got that as an out. He's been caught doing dodgy stuff on TV before after all. In fact that was the reason Sammy threatened to quit in the first place.

Basically he set Sammy up by making him think he was setting him up.

Yeah, I took it the same way. Sammy was clear that if MJF kept messing with him he'd leave so MJF messed with him in a way he could plausibly deny. Good stuff in my opinion, neither looks an idiot but Sammy looks like a babyface that has let their passion get the best of them and MJF looks like a dick heel who's ready to exploit that.

Edited by Brudaker

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I just took it as QT being such a non-entity that Lee Johnson genuinely forgot to thank him.

that's funny, I took it as the Rhodes being so up themselves that they told him to make sure he congratulated the whole family, including Brandi, so he forgot QT so he could get all their stuff in.

• Paid Members

Sad nobody's mentioned Arn's son. The guy looks hilariously like an 80's wrestler and really like Arn.

He's being trained at the minute. Need him in an old school tag team asap.

Not sure how far along he is but if they bring him in I hope it's not with the Nightmare family. Lee Johnson looked a right berk here. 

Is it just me or is Arn getting in progressively better shape since coming back to TV? He looked pretty rough initially in those jumpers. 

Edited by Maverick