The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

7 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Yeah, this tournament has opened my eyes to Aja Kong too. Would really like to check out some of her earlier stuff now. The look of disdain she has on her face as she strolls out is a thing of beauty, like shes completely above all this pro wrestling bollocks but is gonna give it a go anyway.

Type in the words Bull Nakano Aja Kong into your YouTube search engine. Thank me later 

• Paid Members

if you've got WWE Network, watch her RAW match with Chaparita Asari from 1995.

Asari is a criminally underrated talent in her own right, but she just gets the absolute shit kicked out of her by Aja, in one of the most fun sub-5 minute matches you'll ever see. Legend has it that it was the match that made Vince think twice about using Japanese talent for the women's division, as it was so much more violent and hard-hitting than he'd expected.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

if you've got WWE Network, watch her RAW match with Chaparita Asari from 1995.

Asari is a criminally underrated talent in her own right, but she just gets the absolute shit kicked out of her by Aja, in one of the most fun sub-5 minute matches you'll ever see. Legend has it that it was the match that made Vince think twice about using Japanese talent for the women's division, as it was so much more violent and hard-hitting than he'd expected.

Thanks, just watched this. Despite Vince's weird distracting "pretend to be a normal human" commentary really enjoyed it a lot. Mental to see a Package Piledriver in 1995. Further evidence that good wrestlers can sometimes only need 5 minutes to tell a great story. Wish more wrestlers would take heed.

• Paid Members

I had to check this was the same Paul Wight I was thinking of. What a mad signing. He always felt like someone who’d be with WWE forever.

Can you even imagine how big he’s going to look next to half that roster?! 

• Paid Members

Wow, that's random! You'd have to think he has a few years left in the ring if booked/protected enough. 

Its crazy how WWE wasted him quite so much, considering his sheer size if nothing else. A 20+ year run yet comparatively few truly memorable moments.

• Paid Members
Just now, Supremo said:
Can you even imagine how big he’s going to look next to half that roster?! 

That's no bad thing - WWE has been having super-heavyweights mixing it up with heavyweights for so long, nobody really stands out. It'd be sort of nice for Wight to be in the Andre position as he winds things down.

Not sleeping on another announcement there - a second regular YouTube show, with more of an AEW vs the Indies show. That could be overkill, but it could work out. I'm guessing they want Dark to be back in front of audiences (and probably on TV in the long run), while this new show can be filmed in small locations.