The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, Project Nim said:

The line about Jericho ā€œjerking the curtain at the Performance Centreā€ is very counter productive in my view; heā€™s positioned as a top star on AEW but that line infers he would be nothing in WWE at the moment.Ā 

It says more about the guy saying it than the guy it was directed at. I fucking hate Matt Jackson.

Not my usual essay this week. Just want to say I'm all in on Negative One being Ten's mascot/manager. After the initial vignette which seemed to be more of a dig at Vince's penchant for 240lb college footballers than an intro for an actual character, Ten has had a decent look and solid outings but not much else to do. Him just being Negative One's favourite wrestler instantly makes him sympathetic and human, and their matching gear looks great. The bold simple mask along with him looking massive next to the kid actually reminds me of X-Pac Kane, as a big friendly giant with a plucky little friend. Him holding back the littl'un from going at Caster was fun (despite the fact we know he can handle a kendo stick, if anyone wants to fackin' go). All that, and I do enjoy Ten's simple holiday camp big man moveset. So yeah, good, that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Surely if it was him he wouldnt be posting a video like that the day before

I suspect Kurt and/or Khan have decidedĀ releasing that video will at least quell the hysteria and lower expectations.

Kurtā€™sĀ a big name who fits the description theyā€™ve put out, but when people are talking about stars the level of Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin and AJ Lee itā€™s healthier to calm things down now than to let reality come crashing down tomorrow.

The only problem with all this is that Kurt Angle sees his own face every day, so he wonā€™t notice it as much as someone who hasnā€™t seen him since his last WWE appearance. The man looks a fucking wreck.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I suspect Kurt and/or Khan have decidedĀ releasing that video will at least quell the hysteria and lower expectations.

Kurtā€™sĀ a big name who fits the description theyā€™ve put out, but when people are talking about stars the level of Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin and AJ Lee itā€™s healthier to calm things down now than to let reality come crashing down tomorrow.

The only problem with all this is that Kurt Angle sees his own face every day, so he wonā€™t notice it as much as someone who hasnā€™t seen him since his last WWE appearance. The man looks a fucking wreck.

Er ddid you put AJ Lee and Austin in the same sentence or am I reading that wrong?!Ā 

4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I'm not sure if it was just the version shown on ITV but there was a lot of editing during the Inner Circle Q&A segment. Not sure what that was because of.

Iā€™ve not seen the ITV version, but my best guess would be some of the language used (eg. MJF calling Conrad Thompson ā€˜turkey titsā€™)

When Angle left WWE...15 YEARS AGO...he was a physical wreck.

A multi year contract as a wrestler really is not something a company who portrays themselves as caring about and looking after their talent should be providing.

Just now, wordsfromlee said:

That was in the ITV version

Iā€™m pretty sure someone used ā€˜piece of shotā€™ in the segment too.

There was also an issue with the first person to ask a question- the mic didnā€™t seem to be working, so they might have done something to right that.Ā 
Ā 

If itā€™s none of that, Iā€™ve no idea what might have caused them to edit it.

24 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Er ddid you put AJ Lee and Austin in the same sentence or am I reading that wrong?!Ā 

Somebody suggested AJ Lee might be the surprise the signing. It's just a little nod towards that and in an attempt to be funny, hence why her name is in italics. (or at least that's how it came across to me anyway)

12 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

A multi year contract as a wrestler really is not something a company who portrays themselves as caring about and looking after their talent should be providing.

To be fair, ifĀ itā€™s Angle, we donā€™t know that heā€™ll be wrestling for all of that time. He may well come in, wrestle the Baron Corbin out of his system for a year and wrap up his career on his terms, against the kind of opponent who would allow him to end his in-ring career on a high. After that he could become a manager, an announcer, whatever he likes.Ā 

Although Iā€™d prefer that it wasnā€™t Angle, itā€™s hard to blame the guy if he does indeed want to come back. He had a ā€˜retirementā€™ match that felt utterly inconsequential against an opponent that he didnā€™t want to wrestle. He may not be what he once was, but I donā€™t think itā€™s outside the realms of possibility that heā€™sĀ still capable of having strong matches against the likes of Kenny Omega, Jon Moxley, Fenix, and even Cody.Ā 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Yes and no. He went on to haveĀ some of the best years of his career in TNA (and a longer run than his WWE one).

His addiction to painkillers and the gruelling WWE schedule was his main pitfall, not his body breaking down necessarily.

You can't describe the AEW schedule as gruelling by any means.

Edited by garynysmon