Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Earlier this week on their flagship podcast, Voices Of Wrestling double-downed on their theory of Pat McAfee being AEW-bound. Well, whether he's trolling the fans, joining in on the fun or being legit, he just posted this vid;

 

 

Edited by Accident Prone
  • Paid Members
Posted

I know he got a lot of praise on here but I really hope it’s not him.

Posted
35 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I can't see Angle jumping ship to AEW after he spent so long begging Vince to let him back at WWE.

I absolutely can. He was desperate to go back to WWE because he wanted to wrestle there, and when he actually did return, he clearly didn’t get to do as much of that as he would have liked. And he doesn’t seem remotely satisfied with his retirement match.

I’m hoping his video is teasing a WWE Network documentary or something, but given the way it’s laid out, it very much does look like it’s teasing a return to the ring. Plus he fits all the descriptors used so far, particularly Tony Khan’s statement of him being ‘one of his all-time favourite wrestlers’.

If it is Angle, I hope he and Sting appear very, very rarely throughout the year. I don’t think Sting has added much of anything to AEW, and I would imagine Angle will feel similar. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I lost it when Arn came out at the end with Tully and JJ Dillon. I wonder whether we're going to see Spears & FTR call themselves the Horsemen, or Tully Blanchard Enterprises. 

Schiavone and Paul Wight could be an interesting commentary team. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Rumours Batista has had conversations with Khan are on Twitter. He’s not in the HoF yet. Kurt has announced a new podcast series as an announcement so hopefully that rules him out

Posted
12 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

So what's the story behind the Pat McAfee jumping ship theories?

I assumed that he would be locked into a contract considering how hard he was pushed in NXT. 

Cody said Pat keeps trying to get a job with AEW. Which was in response to Pat saying the match with Shaq wouldn't be the best celebrity performance. Something like that.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...