MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

They've totally let Adam Page down. He looks like Alexis Sanchez after the piano video compared to how he looked at the press conference. The best thing Paul Heyman ever did as a booker was his ability to hide the weaknesses of his roster. And nobody had more weaknesses than that ECW roster. You cant highlight someones weak points like they'd done with Page. I thought he could have been their Magnum TA when he showed up. I've seen enough of him to know he can be a good worker and carry himself well, but there's other priorities to focus on I suppose. Like the Dark Order.

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Still love the Dark Order stuff.

You must be the only one, its beyond terrible. Thats turn over the tv if someone normal walks in the room stuff.

I’m not really sure why, but I’m not really feeling MJF. His promo last week was perfectly fine...it’s just...he’s hardly reinventing the wheel with his character. He’s just a generic jerk. I suppose the same could be said for plenty of other wrestling heels but for one reason or another I’m finding him a little boring. I’m not completely sure why. Maybe it’s because we rarely see characters interact on Dynamite, maybe it’s because I don’t know enough about his backstory or what motivates him (I know he’s rich and entitled, but even that seems a little tired to me)

I’m pretty sure I’m close-to-alone with this viewpoint though, so it’s probably a subjective thing.

30 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I like it, but then I remember I'll have to watch them in the ring again.

This is my biggest fear.

Don't quite see how the gimmick will play into the actual wrestling.

"Aren't you tired of being a jobber,  Alex?"

I actually enjoyed this weeks Dark Order video. Nice creative thing for the enhancements and it was hilarious watching it stoned. Still, the creepers will never not look like holiday camp shit.

The Brandi stuff is doomed. I hated the swipe at Riho. Yeah no shit, your champ has vanished. Why not do something about it? Maybe they could recruit Kris Statlander to beat Riho and run with her as their heel champ. Bring some tension between her and the group and build to a eventual split and face turn. Let her kill Kong. Maybe it's unsalvageable. 

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

17 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

This is my biggest fear.

Don't quite see how the gimmick will play into the actual wrestling.

I'm hoping it just doesn't end up with the generic "cult members doing run ins" schtick, someone like Lucha Underground would have done it well within their style of show.

I like the Dark Order stuff. 

When they debuted, everyone complained there wasn't enough depth to their gimmick. Now they've been away from the ring for a bit, "recruiting" through really well put together videos, firstly focusing on randoms, and now 'jobbers'. Why not? Why not recruit? It'll be a long run game, and hopefully the recruits will replace creepers instead of adding to them, but having a stable of decent wrestlers around the 2 central focus guys doesn't sound bad at all. Almost like the Ministry type thing. I'd even take the cult members doing run-ins. It'll make perfect sense. Otherwise, what are they recruiting for? It's all about the eventual success of Uno and Grayson.

My only gripe with the Brandi stuff is that it's just another cult-type group in the making. If it keeps Brandi out of the ring for a while, that's a plus, but does it have to have the cult stuff? Head shaving and whatnot? It should simply be the female equivelant to the Inner Circle, with Brandi calling the shots. 

Adam Page needed to get over more before turning heel. I've never seen him work heel before, so that'll be interesting, but he might have to change his style a little bit to make it work. My biggest issue with AEW right now is the same spots done by heels and faces. I don't want to see a heel do a dive. I want to pop when a face dives, because that's what's supposed to happen. Their agents aren't doing enough to make it all make sense.

I like the Dark Order promo videos. They're really well shot and look genuinely dark and creepy. But then they all come crawling down to the ring and it looks hokey and cringe as fuck. Just stop with the crawling and I reckon it'll look loads better. But like what was said before, hopefully the creepers get binned off and they turn it into a kind of Ministry type thing.

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

You must be the only one, its beyond terrible. Thats turn over the tv if someone normal walks in the room stuff.

To people who don't watch wrestling, there is no good aspect of wrestling. 

Another great show this week apart from the over long womens match. Swole has been better than that on Dark and Emi is just crap.

I'm at least intrigued by the Brandi faction.

31 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

Adam Page needed to get over more before turning heel. 

Obviously would have helped but it doesn't matter that much. He's lost in the shuffle a bit on the babyface side and was never really going to recover quickly from not winning the title against Jericho unless he was the one chosen to chase Jericho. 

Him turning on Omega or the Bucks after a slow burn story should reignite him. As much as Supremo is right about them assuming knowledge from the wider audience, the live crowds do know the whole Elite thing so it will get over live and should snowball. Would be good to have something like that to keep him and Omega busy for months while neither are in the title picture. 

Expect the turn to happen on Dynamite at some point, the crowd to go ape while JR aks what's going on, then AEW to sneak a package actually explaining the story onto their YouTube (only hyped on their IG) a week after the fact.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

To people who don't watch wrestling, there is no good aspect of wrestling. 

true