The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

The All Out figure was based on demand for tickets for the event, no? Their current ticket sales don't necessarily reflect on how many they'd have sold for All Out.

It is a bit shocking though. 4500 at last week's TV. WWE aren't doing a ton better at filling arenas, are they? 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Seratonin said:

I have to say AEW have done an incredible job of filling those arenas.

It won't be long before they are selling out Madison Square Garden!

There have been a lot of crap gimmicks on this forum down the years but 'Anti-AEW Shitposter' is right down there.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They’re not, but it’s the kind of thing that WWE get absolutely paggered for on social media, but AEW get away with it for some reason.

The point about All In/Out is fucking ridiculous. WWE sell 80,000 tickets for Mania. They don't sell a few thousand some weeks for Smackdown. Funnily enough, All Out was far more special an event than last week's Dynamite. A crazy notion, I know.

Stop crying about Meltzer and Social Media. We don't give a fuck. That's why we post here and not on his board or Twitter. If anyone on here is claiming AEW are selling out every week, go to town.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, mrtrickio said:

Cody confirms AEW coming to the UK next year..

"100% – you can hold us to it. We are coming to the UK in 2020 and we’ve got some tentative dates circled, but it’s a matter of where you’re going to hit. Are you going to hit as many markets as possible or are you just going to do London & Manchester?

I can’t be sure if we’re coming for Dynamite, a PPV or a rare live event tour, but everyone is on-board with us coming in 2020 and if I’m incorrect with that statement, I will give you $500."

https://wrestletalk.com/news/cody-says-aew-is-100-coming-to-the-uk-in-2020/

I reckon it will be in April as it coincides nicely with Omega doing a Q&A over here.

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They’re not, but it’s the kind of thing that WWE get absolutely paggered for on social media, but AEW get away with it for some reason.

They're a new brand and finding their feet still. They've drawn well at PPV events, but not at TV. But if 4500 is their current standard, you'd hope the only way was up.

WWE had the base of thousands for a Raw and Smackdown, so when they're pulling in 5000 or so, it looks like they've gone downhill. 

• Paid Members

At a time when I’m able to breeze through a WWE pay per view and Monday Night Raw in about an hour flat, it’s great that there’s two shows tonight that I’m really excited about. AEW and NXT both have belting lineups, with both seemingly willing to do everything they can to have a good show, promising minimal adverts.

That’s the best thing about AEW. It’s made Wednesdays the only day actually worth getting excited for. Hopefully we get Rhea Ripley winning the Women’s Title and Jungle Boy pinning Chris Jericho in under ten minutes. Brilliant. 

Edited by Supremo

Yep, can’t wait for these two shows. Wednesdays are great and  hopefully both shows can get the ratings back to a healthy level.

What are the chances of them doing a personality piece on Jungle Boy Jack Perry and the Jurassic Express? I do worry about Jungle Boy against Jericho in Corpus Christi. I’ve no doubt Jericho will do the best on his end to get him over but I think he needs an extra leg up.

The Jurassic Express have lost a lot of lustre since Dynamite started. Luchasaurus getting injured and looking sluggish on return has squashed the momentum they had. Also, I can’t be the only one that hates the addition of Marko Stunt. He’s made them half as likeable as they once were.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Yep, can’t wait for these two shows. Wednesdays are great and  hopefully both shows can get the ratings back to a healthy level.

What are the chances of them doing a personality piece on Jungle Boy Jack Perry and the Jurassic Express?

God, I hope so. I saw they'd released a small training montage thing on Twitter the other day. I hope they don't turn into WWE, where all the best stuff is released on the internet.

Speaking of which, for all the flips and dives and ladder and weapon spots we've seen this past week, Orange Cassidy's performance on last night's episode of Dark trumps everything. Absolutely brilliant fun and definitely worth seeking out if only for the few spots he does when he tags in. It's unbelievable they put that on YouTube rather than Dynamite.

The last thing I ever imagined I'd see in 2019 is Joey Janela and Vickie Guerrero on commentary together, marking out for Orange Cassidy. What a mad sport.

But yeah. The inevitable interaction between Orange Cassidy and Chris Jericho is pretty much what I'm living for right now

Edited by Supremo

11 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Well WWE have been around forever, and attendance is declining. AEW are starting off, so they get more slack. If attendance has dropped in a year they will also be under scrutiny. 

I can’t imagine AEW will drop in attendance the way WWE have because they haven’t put on any shows that people will have walked away from thinking “well that was a waste of time.” Remember that WWE anniversary Raw where they had two arenas, and one basically got fuck nothing all night. Those fans probably won’t buy tickets next time, unless there is a solid card. If I’d bought tickets to TLC I’d have left disappointed. So far every AEW show will have had fans walking away after having fun (excluding the people who found it not to their taste.)

32 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Remember that WWE anniversary Raw where they had two arenas, and one basically got fuck nothing all night. Those fans probably won’t buy tickets next time, unless there is a solid card.

Totally get what you’re trying to say here but I just want to remind everyone that the crowd that bought tickets to the Manhattan Center were the “front row mafia”, including the green T-shirt fella, that guy with the self-painted suit and the bell end in the Affliction shirt. As such, it’s still piss funny to me that they got the square root of roughly fuck all at their show.

19 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Totally get what you’re trying to say here but I just want to remind everyone that the crowd that bought tickets to the Manhattan Center were the “front row mafia”,

Oh yeah I picked an extreme example to illustrate the point. It applies to the random episodes where the crowd is dead and you can feel boredom in the arena too. 
They’ll always have the hardcore fan base who will go back no matter how many times they get burned, but so many of their shows won’t hold onto the live audience. That’s why it’s a steady decline rather than a total drop off. 
NXT is the only show WWE put out which you can rely on in terms of quality. Everything else is hit and miss. 

Unrelated note, just watched Dark and Orange Cassidy is probably one of the most well handled wrestlers on the roster. He was a guy a lot of people didn’t think would work, but he has been a total success story so far. I’d love to see a mini-program between him and Jericho