The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

His tits are bigger than Marco Stunt.

I don’t understand why people keep taking the piss out of his size. He is supposed to be a tiny underdog, that’s the point of him.

Personally I think there is a lot space for him to grow into a crowd favourite. I really enjoy watching him get fucked up by a big move, eventually that will translate into actual sympathy. 

He is never going to be a serious challenger for anything, or be presented as any kind of threat to anyone. He is going to be a great way for heels to get heat by being bullies though 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

"Snowflake".

Fucking hell. 

I know, I apologise but I honestly couldn't think of a better word to use to describe the whole thing.
I was mad at myself for using it, trust me.

In other news....is this a snafu or some in-joke I'm missing...?

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

1 hour ago, iPumaPants said:

That's not edited, is it? I don't pay much attention to the little banners, but that's ridiculous, if it's legit.

I've seen some people saying it's a 'joke' and others saying it's legit.
If it is a joke it may have been missed - and if you miss the joke you would just think they fucked up.

Arik Cannon has come forward and owned up to being the guy behind the mask that did those shitty punches.
His reason was that 'Dustin was bleeding and he wanted to protect him'.
Clearly he has never heard of the term 'working punches'.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

Based off Twitter it seems unlikely its actually Cannon that was the guy as he was promoting being at a show at the same time beforehand and he looks nothing size wise than the guy throwing the punches. 

A student of his perhaps? Or just playing on the Internet blow up of it all. 

• Awards Moderator
18 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I don’t understand why people keep taking the piss out of his size. He is supposed to be a tiny underdog, that’s the point of him.

Personally I think there is a lot space for him to grow into a crowd favourite. I really enjoy watching him get fucked up by a big move, eventually that will translate into actual sympathy. 

He is never going to be a serious challenger for anything, or be presented as any kind of threat to anyone. He is going to be a great way for heels to get heat by being bullies though 

I don’t have a problem with that as such. It’s that they have the likes of Santana and Ortiz selling for his offence during matches that makes me hate the little dweeb. Everything that everyone does to him at all times should knock him the fuck out like Jake Hager did this week, and he should never, ever get offensive moves in other than the occasional flash pin. But he does and it is wrong.

Anyway, I thought Jungle Boy vs Jericho was so close to being an incredible piece of business, until they fluffed it right at the end. The training video and especially the JR sit down made it feel like a huge deal. During the match itself I got totally invested - a first for me and AEW - and I was willing Perry to survive or get out of the Walls at the end. Then when Jericho realised his mistake and asked for more time then buggered off - great! And then it all went a bit shit. The whole was almost immediately dismissed to talk about Jon Moxley and then a minute later, TO THE BACK! The whole angle may as well never have happened.

It wouldn’t have taken much to change things around. Have Jericho do his promo on Moxley before the match to show he’s got his mind on other things. Have Moxley show up watching in the crowd to distract Jericho and allow Perry a near fall. Have an interview with Jungle Boy afterwards. Make something of it. It could have been absolutely great but just missed the mark for me.

Why is Kris Statlander an alien.

6 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Why is Kris Statlander an alien.

I have seen this question asked on Twitter and the answers have generally been 'Why was The Undertaker a zombie? Its wrestling!'

Only problem with that is The Undertaker was never officially referred to as a 'zombie' (and for those using the 'His nickname was 'The Dead Man' argument my response is 'Yes and Bret Harts was The Hitman' but as far as I know he never killed anyone).

• Awards Moderator
14 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I have seen this question asked on Twitter and the answers have generally been 'Why was The Undertaker a zombie? Its wrestling!'

Only problem with that is The Undertaker was never officially referred to as a 'zombie' (and for those using the 'His nickname was 'The Dead Man' argument my response is 'Yes and Bret Harts was The Hitman' but as far as I know he never killed anyone).

The Undertaker got away with having magic powers largely because he was called The Undertaker and he looked and wrestled and behaved like nobody else. Statlander has a normal name and looks and wrestles and behaves like everybody else except she boops people occasionally. I’ll accept an alien gimmick if they commit to it but it’s extremely half arsed right now if that’s what they’re doing.