The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Could you just start an 'I hate Jimmy Havoc' thread and stop making this one more tedious? I don't like him either, but you clearly want to talk about him at length.

I was doing it as a bit a fun - I was hoping that was obvious by repeatedly emphasising he makes 6 figures etc.
Sorry you find it tedious. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, boytoy said:

I find it weird that the singles roster is so small but then guys like Hager and Wardlow aren't really wrestling either.

They may be holding off on Wardlow, but it's really odd with Hager. Maybe it's something to do with whatever contract he's under doing MMA?

25 minutes ago, boytoy said:

I find it weird that the singles roster is so small but then guys like Hager and Wardlow aren't really wrestling either.

At this point, I really want to see them wrestle. I want Dustin vs Hagar and maybe even Cody vs Wardlow. 

And that's how it's supposed to work, no? Make you want to see them?

I don't think I've ever wanted to see a Jake Hagar/Swagger match before.

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to Kenny/Hangman vs the Lucha Bros this week - I'm hoping they keep going with the slow falling out between the Elite. This week on BTE, Hangman was drinking after the show to celebrate the win and telling Private Party that he did it all by himself. A Kenny/Hangman match could have a lot of potential, although could also be a clusterfuck if they both go with their worst instincts.

I'm surprised they've not made more of a PR thing out of the Jungle Boy/Jericho thing - you'd have thought that would create some more waves than it has, with Luke Perry's death this year. The build-up video on twitter was great, and I assume that'll make the show. 

And Bucks/SCU should be solid.

I do wish they'd do more of their character/story development on the show itself though. I'm already in the habit of watching BTE, but I'm in the minority there.

• Paid Members

It was said a while back that Hager specifically wasn't wrestling while in training for his next Bellator fight. That he hasn't fought since either makes him seem like an even worse "major" signing than he did in the first place. 

• Paid Members

They're doing way better than I expected but attendance hasn't been particularly amazing has it? Judging by the camera only showing half the arena most weeks I'm guessing that there has been a lot of empty seats.

As it should be really, they're a new company with 1 real mainstream wrestling star that most people haven't heard of and even WWE seem to have been struggling with weekly attendance for the past few years.

• Paid Members

I watched AEW Dynamite for the first time last night. It was ok. Some thoughts:

-I really like the look of this Butcher guy. He's in a band isn't he? Really dig his appearance, looks like a hoss. They need hosses.

-His partner was Pepper Parks! When is Reckless Youth turning up??

-The matches are too long, some really drag in the middle. There needs to be a bit of 'tv match training' going on here.

-Emi Sakura looked decent, but why was she cosplaying Freddie Mercury? Didn't understand that at all. I liked the look of Big Swole. This match however was especially guilty of going too long

-Who did Mox beat? I swear they didn't announce him. Mox looks like a star out there though. Shame he wasn't on the mic this episode. 

-They need to sort out the sound editing. The entrance music is too quiet to the viewers, which kills that surprise pop when you hear somebody's music come on

-JR is a fucking mess. I like Excalibur (apart from the pointless mask), and Schiavone is surprisingly good, but JR is all over the place. He even did a fucking Conrad impersonation at one point. 

-Where was Orange Cassidy?!?!

-Kenny Omega. Wow. If 2 years ago you had the foresight to see AEW with this TV deal, you'd put your house on him being the star and the entire show being built around him. This guy is not only a bit of an afterthought, but he looks like he shouldn't be a top guy either. Where is this snowflake-harvesting machine the world has told me of? I really liked the first Wrestle Kingdom match vs Okada and he looked cool as fuck in the few skits I've seen of him as a heel in Bullet Club (AJ leader days). On this show he looked pretty devoid of charisma. Cody fucking Rhodes is coming across as 100x a star in AEW. Omega looks very average in comparison. 

It was alright, overall slightly better than main roster WWE shows over the past couple of years but not as good as NXT. Might tune in next week as Lucha Brothers are on and I really liked them in Lucha Underground (although they both should be singles and ideally feuding with each other- hopefully that's the plan).

Cody confirms AEW coming to the UK next year..

"100% – you can hold us to it. We are coming to the UK in 2020 and we’ve got some tentative dates circled, but it’s a matter of where you’re going to hit. Are you going to hit as many markets as possible or are you just going to do London & Manchester?

I can’t be sure if we’re coming for Dynamite, a PPV or a rare live event tour, but everyone is on-board with us coming in 2020 and if I’m incorrect with that statement, I will give you $500."

https://wrestletalk.com/news/cody-says-aew-is-100-coming-to-the-uk-in-2020/

15 hours ago, Seratonin said:

I have to say AEW have done an incredible job of filling those arenas.

It won't be long before they are selling out Madison Square Garden!

BDtK5bl.png

I know, I narrowly missed out on a ticket in ‘Come Dressed As An Empty Seat’ Section.*

What was it Meltzer reckoned they could’ve sold for All Out? 100,000 wasn’t it?

* I’m aware you’re being facetious 

Edited by WyattSheepMask