The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

47 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

What do people think of Page?  I don't quite get the interest though he is solid. 

I really like him as a tag worker but don’t see main event potential yet. ‘Cowboy Shit’ is a good start, but he’ll need more than shaking his arm and staring blankly into the distance to get over as a top guy.

• Paid Members

They seem to be building a heel turn, or at least a tweener turn for him - he notably left Kenny hanging a few times in their match, then tagged himself in for the win. 

If not a full turn, at least a character development. They've been getting across how much the losses to Jericho and Pac bothered him. 

The Elite was originally Kenny and The Young Bucks as a trio when they were Never Openweight 6 Man Tag Champions

With Cody, Hangman and Scurll joining up once they were all kicked out of the Bullet Club, Ibushi also joined for a short time.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Still love the Dark Order stuff.

Still somewhat interested in where the Brandi storyline is going but it's definitely nosedived since she started cutting promos.

Riho surely has to be dropping the belt soon right? Unless she picks AEW over Stardom (where she also holds a title) they can't keep the belt on someone that is commited to extended tours in another country.

Saying that though she's been horribly underwhelming in Stardom and I'd be fine if she fucked off from there. Their roster is pretty stacked now anyway.

• Paid Members

People explaining who The Elite are in this thread completely miss the point. It shouldn’t have to he explained on message forums, it should be explained on the actual show. Where the fuck’s the drama in Adam Page leaving a faction that’s never even been featured as a unit on TV? It’s that type of assumed knowledge that’s still an absolute killer for AEW. That and Brandi Rhodes.

Thats some weird thinking, noone is explaining it thinking posting on a little board is the way it should be done. No point is missed.

I can't speak for Tilde but I'm pretty sure they'd also agree to AEW should be doing it themselves on TV.

47 minutes ago, Supremo said:

People explaining who The Elite are in this thread completely miss the point. It shouldn’t have to he explained on message forums, it should be explained on the actual show. Where the fuck’s the drama in Adam Page leaving a faction that’s never even been featured as a unit on TV? It’s that type of assumed knowledge that’s still an absolute killer for AEW. That and Brandi Rhodes.

I'm really liking Luchasaurus but I think there's a thin line there, I'm worried things could get a little too cute which could be a detriment to him being made into a huge deal. They really need to keep him looking like a legit threat and not a full comedy character.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

They've totally let Adam Page down. He looks like Alexis Sanchez after the piano video compared to how he looked at the press conference. The best thing Paul Heyman ever did as a booker was his ability to hide the weaknesses of his roster. And nobody had more weaknesses than that ECW roster. You cant highlight someones weak points like they'd done with Page. I thought he could have been their Magnum TA when he showed up. I've seen enough of him to know he can be a good worker and carry himself well, but there's other priorities to focus on I suppose. Like the Dark Order.

I’m not really sure why, but I’m not really feeling MJF. His promo last week was perfectly fine...it’s just...he’s hardly reinventing the wheel with his character. He’s just a generic jerk. I suppose the same could be said for plenty of other wrestling heels but for one reason or another I’m finding him a little boring. I’m not completely sure why. Maybe it’s because we rarely see characters interact on Dynamite, maybe it’s because I don’t know enough about his backstory or what motivates him (I know he’s rich and entitled, but even that seems a little tired to me)

I’m pretty sure I’m close-to-alone with this viewpoint though, so it’s probably a subjective thing.