The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

7 hours ago, Supremo said:

Remember Tony Khan saying we'd never see the shitty invisible camera?

Also, nothing kills your no-DQ main event quite like someone in your co-main event hitting his opponent in the face with a mobile telephone right in front of the ref and not being disqualified.

I probably champion this company more than most but the cracks are definitely starting to show and it absolutely feels like they've plateaued in terms of listening and adapting.

Really disappointing.

It's the same w their tags though. No rules. If referees don't enforce rules surely there's no point. Rules make up a fair bit of psychology and have mad rushes w no tagging in just kill it. 

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Remember Tony Khan saying we'd never see the shitty invisible camera?

As far as the invisible camera goes, I’ve taken the intent of the Dark Order vignettes to be that they are recruitment adverts, meaning the participants in them know they’re being filmed. If that’s not the intention it’s a bit silly, it’s certainly not been made clear.

All in all I really enjoyed the show this week. There are stil definite issues and logic gaps (including Jericho saying he was ‘being forced to defend the title one last time in 2019’, yet for some reason whoever decreed this is fine with him wrestling a 10 minute match instead) but overall it was an enjoyable watch.

The Brandi stuff is still terrible. She’s a great promo, but this gimmick seems beyond salvage to me. 

34 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

What qualifies her to do any kind of wrestling broadcast job? They need to stop with hire a friend practices. 

This is Lexy? To be fair, she did a good job, in my opinion. And she's alright to look at, which I assume is the reason she got hired (aside from being DDP's daughter, in need of a job, obviously).

6 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

I don't mind if you know wwhqt you are doing or you are the bosses family but daughters of friends of friends of friends. They need actual talent who know wtf they are doing. 

And how do you know Page’s daughter doesn’t?

15 hours ago, RedRooster said:

All in all I really enjoyed the show this week. There are stil definite issues and logic gaps (including Jericho saying he was ‘being forced to defend the title one last time in 2019’, yet for some reason whoever decreed this is fine with him wrestling a 10 minute match instead) but overall it was an enjoyable watch.

The Brandi stuff is still terrible. She’s a great promo, but this gimmick seems beyond salvage to me. 

Have to go back and re-watch but I thought he said he only had to wrestle one more time which was easy to take as defend his title but I don't think he used those words exactly. Will go back and check unless anyone can correct/ confirm it before I get a chance. 

15 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

What qualifies her to do any kind of wrestling broadcast job? They need to stop with hire a friend practices. 

In fairness, that is basically AEW's entire gig. You can look at quite a lot of the talent there and see that they only got their jobs because because of who they are friends with. Fuck, why else would Jimmy fucking Havoc and Joey pissin' Janela be there!? 
Now of course, this is nothing new but I would hope the same criticism levied at WWE and others that have done that will be thrown AEW's way.
I have a feeling the AEW die-hards will excuse it somehow though.

An interesting article about Jericho having to tell the roster the fundamentals of tag wrestling.
In one regard it's great but in the other it's worrying just how clueless/arrogant the actual EVP's seem to be in not being the ones to address it themselves.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/chis-jericho-says-he-called-team-meeting-address-tag-team-rules-aew

Edited by Snitsky's back acne