The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

If we're playing the "you can't compare" card then comparing a PPV that has 5 hours of nationally televised build up to several million people to a show with 3 matches and no build is just as irrelevent.

As said, the AEW comparison is needless. WWE is in a funk. That's obvious from their empty seats.

Both fair points. In all honesty, most comparisons between AEW and WWE are moot until they are actually competing for the same audience to a certain degree, when AEW are on weekly TV and putting on regular events. 

But yes, WWE is absolutely in a funk right now. 

The rules have changed. Using the old rules, by all rights stomping grounds should be out drawing All Out. AEW have no TV, have had one show and have a roster of mostly people that haven't been on national television. WWE have 5 hours of weekly tv, an enormous marketing budget, a genuine media presence, people that are on national tv all the time and are doing a 2 for 1 deal on tickets I believe. It just comes down to the fact that people dont want to buy tickets to stomping grounds and do want to buy tickets to all out. Can you imagine a b show in 1999 or 2000 doing this? Of course not because people wanted to go. Now people dont want to go. It's really that simple.

And All Out is only a destination event because people want to go to the show. You cant make something a big event if people dont want to go. Fight for the fallen is essentially a charity house show that happens to be streamed on the internet for free. Its not really comparable. You should be comparing it to a wwe house show in Iowa really.

But the crux of the argument really is just that, AEW or no AEW, people dont want to go to this show because this show looks bad and the shows that built up this show were also bad. The fact it isn't a big 4 doesn't help, but at this stage the big 4 are selling out because they're the big 4, not because of anything wwe are doing. 

I actually quite enjoyed Raw this week.

The Elias stuff was fun, the 5 way was a good opener with the right person winning. The interaction between Cesaro and Braun was good.

The Revival looked mint and i quite like a little stable with them, Drew, Shane and possibly Elias, aslong as Shane stays out of the ring.

Shane was in an actual room with a ceiling which was nice.

I didnt see the EC3 beatdown coming and genuinely thought he was going to be Corbins ref. Im an idiot.

Hopefully the stuff with Gallows/Anderson is leaning towards a reuniting of The Club. 

I seem to be the only person not enjoying this 24/7 title. Its just the same guys running around. Im sure a few weeks back one of them (EC3) was running around going "ahhhhhh" atleast thats stopped.

But yeah Stomping Grounds looks crap although i do wish to see Joe/Ricochet.

• Paid Members

I didn’t watch it. In its current form, with Baron Corbin smeared all over it and absolutely nothing of interest happening, I’ll only watch it as background when I’m working nights.

That EC3 thing where he was interviewed and dragged around unconscious looked funny though. They should make that his gimmick full-time, where he somehow always ends up unconscious and being messed with. Like how Stasiak was always running into walls during the Alliance. Genuinely think it was the role EC3 was born to play. Weekend at Carter’s. 

I didn't mind the Raw talky bits (although I fast forwarded most of the matches) but completely agree that there is literally nothing really worth looking forward to at the PPV this Sunday. We have seen the same old matches enough times over the last month, most of the matches to me are predictable and can't see many title changes if any happening.

I remember when Raw would almost leave you on a cliffhanger desperate to see the next show or PPV. Now you could miss months and not really miss much. Also this wildcard thing is ridiculous and just comes across as Vince's way to move whoever he wants with reason ahead of the new Fox deal. I remember someone saying they couldn't remember who the champs were, I couldn't even tell you who belongs on what show anymore as everyone just moves from show to show.   

Edited by Briefcase

I enjoyed Raw this week. less Shane McMahon, Seth Rollins had more of an edge which is a good thing because their babyfaces have been happy smiling, spineless cowards for years it seems like.

Roman was presented well. the Firefly fun house is decent stuff each week - and I'm still finding the 24/7 title stuff pretty funny.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Loki said:

We're all old.  Is anyone under 30 on this forum even?

Aye, 28 for the next few months. I have a feeling @Otto Dem WanzWanz is under thirty as well? I'm sure there are a few other regular posters too, though surely in the minority. Having said that, up until about ten minutes ago I had my slippered feet up on the sofa, with a cuppa, while reading a gardening magazine, while the woman laughed at me and carried on watching Love Island. Age is not but a number and all that carry on I guess. 

49 minutes ago, Loki said:

We're all old.  Is anyone under 30 on this forum even?

I have 2 months until I’ve successfully avoided joining the 27 Club. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Slapnut