The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Awards Moderator

I just assumed the wedding stuff would lead to nothing, but imagine the fun you could have with a wedding and the 24/7 title. Drake getting distracted during his vows and running off to try and pin Truth, etc. Could be really good. Or it will just never be spoken of again.

I think if you look at Raw and Smackdown as episodes in the long-running TV drama "The McMahons" it makes a lot more sense.

• Paid Members

The reason you dont see videos like that on Raw or Smackdown is because stuff that goes on twitter is generally just a camera man and the wrestler coming up with a little 90 second skit for their followers. Nobody in the office takes notice of it, and doesnt care if its there or not. On Raw you have 30 writers trying to get their shit in agreeing with everything Vince and Stephanie says, so you've essentially got thie 75 year old man who will sack you if you disagree with him running the TV. Spud is mega talented. If he was allowed to get himself over on Raw, he'd be one of the best acts in wrestling. He did an angle with Jeremy Borash and EC3 in TNA which lead to a match at Wembely which would have been a classic storyline had anyone seen it. Spud's bullet proof because he came get anything over. So much money is left on the table because they think they know better than the wrestlers themselves.

The Bray Wyatt stuff is great, too. I have no confidence in it long term, though. That's how you have to be with WWE. Lower your standards and you wont be disappointed.

11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Lower your standards and you wont be disappointed.

They really ought to go with that as a slogan at the end of their opening signature. 

• Paid Members

I wonder when Drake Maverick’s contract is due and whether he’s getting particularly well paid? For as much talk as guys like Sasha Banks, Chad Gable and the Revival get, I think these last few weeks have proven that it’s Maverick more than anyone who’d flourish in somewhere like AEW where guys have so much more autonomy.

• Paid Members

Drake & EC3 are a great pairing, I'd like to see more of them together on Raw.

Genuinely some of the funniest wrestling-related stuff I've ever seen were the episodes of TNA's Spin Cycle where the guests were EC3, Spud, Robbie E and DJZ. All 5 of the people involved (hosted by Borash) are contracted to WWE now.

RIP Robert Roode's moustache.

They're doing a banging job of pissing Becky's heat away. If they're stubborn enough to go with Lacey after that disaster with Charlotte then I can totally see her picking up the belt to drag it out for the rubber match. Barf.

To their credit, Kofi and Rollins are being booked refreshingly well as champions. But again, the heel side is stupid weak. I love how they've chucked in a cage and a special ref for the upcoming PPV , basically acknowledging what shit match-ups they are. I hope they go with Sami for the ref spot because if anyone can make Rollins vs Corbin watchable it's Sami Zayn. I wish they would do more with this guy. He's gold but he's already becoming job fodder. I still think there's a great babyface run in him.