The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, C-Rock said:

WWE and wrestling in general has hit it's peak, there's nothing left that can done to create a another boom period. Wrestling fans have seen it all and it's a case of ok now what?

With the rise of high octane indies and matches that throw everything in to a average 20 minute match, there's nothing left up the magicians sleeve. It's all be catered for over the years from death match wrestling to gymnastic style wrestling, from headlocks to 450's from Shockmasters to a guy in tights.

Fans are to smart and the curtain has been pulled so far back there's no suspension of belief or disbelief anymore, WRESTLING has become just hmmm wrestling okay

What WWE is offering is about the best it can get, there's no were else to go so you either become a fan who politely applauds something you have likely seen and will continue to see a 1000 times or you walk away with your memories and looking at the ratings and attendences I think wrestling has seen its last standing ovation.

Step back from the ledge, it's only wrestling.

If I hadn’t just watched a debut show, which highlighted a semi-methodical, old-school, story telling match between two brothers, and was lapped up by the crowd, I might agree with you. As with fashion, perhaps pro-wrestling will reinvent itself by rehashing the best bits of yesteryear, whilst combining it with what works well now; engaging, creative story-lines. Perhaps. 

I’m not asking for another ‘boom period.’ Just produce a half decent wrestling show for fucks sake. With the talent it has at its disposal, WWE should be giving us the best wrestling show on the planet. And it shouldn’t even be close. 

Instead we get arm wrestles and Lars Sullivan vs. Lucha House Party. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, C-Rock said:

Fans are to smart and the curtain has been pulled so far back there's no suspension of belief or disbelief anymore

People were crying tears of joy when Kofi Kingston won a fake belt in a fake fight literally weeks ago. Suspension of disbelief is alive and well.

Yeah, odd comment even for Mr C rock. 

It will never go away because fans want to suspend their disbelief. New Japan and the Cody/Dustin match are two things I’ve seen in the last few weeks that had people on their feet or in floods of tears. The problem is that most of the time WWE is too nonsensical and some indies too self-referential. But when it’s great it’s great.

6 hours ago, ThumpSquids said:

As with fashion, perhaps pro-wrestling will reinvent itself by rehashing the best bits of yesteryear, whilst combining it with what works well now; engaging, creative story-lines. 

Engaging, creative storylines happened in yesteryear too.
Essentially wrestling needs to reinvent itself by going back to being wrestling.

Another nothing show, even the Bray stuff is getting a bit old at this stage as it doesn't seem to be leading anywhere. Plus, no devil Vince this week.

Bayley's kicks to Alexa in the corner at the start of the womens tag match were abysmal too, so wasn't to miffed that WWE did their usual spiteful trick of having the hometown star lose.

• Paid Members

Considering she's only just got cleared for concussions, I don't know what Alexa Bliss is playing at taking that mad sunset-flip powerbomb into the corner, launching her head backwards with little to no control. I'm assuming she was inspired by Kota Ibushi at Dominion.

The most interesting thing about the show is seeing how obviously EC3 has checked out. I give it six months before he stops going the gym and starts wearing a full body suit like Nakamura.

Imagine having Samoa Joe on the roster and deciding Baron Corbin should be the World Title Contender.

15 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Considering she's only just got cleared for concussions, I don't know what Alexa Bliss is playing at taking that mad sunset-flip powerbomb into the corner, launching her head backwards with little to no control. I'm assuming she was inspired by Kota Ibushi at Dominion.

The most interesting thing about the show is seeing how obviously EC3 has checked out. I give it six months before he stops going the gym and starts wearing a full body suit like Nakamura.

Imagine having Samoa Joe on the roster and deciding Baron Corbin should be the World Title Contender.

Joe is fat and from TNA. That’s all I can think of as to why. 

Edited by Yakashi

He’s also had plenty of failed world title shots, and a shite run with Seth Rollins. Being a massive dickhead US Champion does more for him than a loss to Rollins would, especially in this phase where Brock Lesnar is the real number one contender.

• Paid Members

Written by anyone other than these guys, there could've been fun to be had with the idea of locking a bunch of wrestlers in a broken lift for the entirety of the show. Either have them chat and squabble all night in order to develop some character and story, or put a ref in there with them and have them scrap for the whole three hours, endlessly trading the 24/7 title until everyone bar Truth passes out due to exhaustion. Suddenly, the bell dings, the door opens, and Truth tiptoes out with the belt, grinning like a dickhead. Seemed a typical waste on their part that nothing really happened with it.

Similarly, Drake Maverick announcing he's getting married in a few weeks seems like the perfect opportunity to do some fun vignettes. An opportunity I fully expect them not to follow up on. Particularly given how boring Raw is at the moment, I'd love to see Drake's wedding descending into chaos throughout the show, as everyone tries to win the 24/7 Title. Maybe Drake finally wins the belt and is about to say, "I Do," only for the priest to tackle him to the ground, win the belt and run off into the night.

Edited by Supremo