d-d-d-dAz

The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

yep. he's effectively just saying "it may or may not have been scripted, depending on who you listen to. Vince may or may not have been pretty angry about it" he's just managed to elongate it to make it sound like a story.

It also just shows that when they say "according to their sources" it means nothing (not that we don't know that already though).  One of them says "my sources told me this" the other says "my sources told me the opposite".  So, your sources mean nothing then, because you've just proved (again, not that it was required) there's at least a 50% chance they're just not accurate.

6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

He hasn't found anything out though, he's heard contradictory things. "I've been told it's raining outside, but other sources tell me that it isn't".  A Journalist would go outside and see which statement is true, but then Alvarez isn't a Journalist.

You could’ve just described most of the media’s reporting of brexit, or the football transfer window. I appreciate it’s not Spotlight, but suggesting he’d be better off saying nothing is bonkers. Particularly when you consider what he’s reporting is that he’s heard conflicting things but that “by far” more people have told him that it wasn’t scripted which runs contrary to the version doing the rounds.

The tidbit that people think this might be working the boys is interesting too, considering that’s one of the big morale sinkers wcw had. 

1 minute ago, Duke said:

You could’ve just described most of the media’s reporting of brexit, or the football transfer window.

And that's not journalism either.  I guess I was approaching it from a journalistic credentials point of view, throwing all the shit at the wall doesn't give you any credibility but I'm using a metric that should be applied to journalists, which Meltzer and Alvarez aren't.  Obviously they can say whatever they want on their show, it's their show(s) after all, but it's why I think "According to Meltzer / Alvarez" carries no weight whatsoever.

So I’d agree that most people throw that line out way too easily and talk about Dave and Bryan’s speculative punditry on the radio show as if it’s fact, because they said it, even though they probably didn’t present it like that on the show.

Ironically, one of the criticisms of Dave from the satins and other scooperstars is that he gets beaten to the scoops, which is usually because he actually checks his sources and applies journalistic standards before writing up major stories. They absolutely don’t just throw everything at the wall. Bryan definitely isn’t a journalist, Dave can be, it’s just that most of the content he produces is punditry, and that’s what you see if you only see from the news sites. 

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

And that's not journalism either.  I guess I was approaching it from a journalistic credentials point of view, throwing all the shit at the wall doesn't give you any credibility but I'm using a metric that should be applied to journalists, which Meltzer and Alvarez aren't.  Obviously they can say whatever they want on their show, it's their show(s) after all, but it's why I think "According to Meltzer / Alvarez" carries no weight whatsoever.

Yeah, alright SpursRIP

45 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah, alright SpursRIP

I sent Vince an email asking if he knew, he hasn't replied to deny it so he knew all about it.

I had a watch of Lesnar's dance after reading about it on Bleacher Report. I have to say, as funny as it was, what struck me is what a fantastic dynamic him and Paul Heyman have, it's quite unlike anything I've seen.

I remember a couple of years ago when Heyman was doing a promo to someone, probably Reigns, and he said something like, "Lesnar doesn't even like me - so imagine what he will do to you?"

This idea of having a manager you don't really care for that will do your talking and other crap for you, and him happily accepting that, is superb. I'm glad to see them play with that a bit when Lesnar told Heyman to stop dancing.

The dynamic plays so well into Brock not realising about the contract too as Heyman deals with everything for him. It sells the character so well of 'turn up when I want too, don't worry about fine details just suplex people'. 

I don't mind telling you that I thought Brock hitting Heyman with the contract incredulously when he 'discovered' he had a full year in which to cash in was hilarious.

Not watched in a while so may be wrong but reading results everything seems on par, nothing is coming across like a major segment or a minor one. Everyone feels like an afterthought like the whole roster is a big mid card mess.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:30 AM, The King of Old School said:

Becky is such an afterthought now. Not even sure why I'm surprised.

That was always going to happen once Vince stopped “burying” her. Her story was about winning at WrestleMania. Once she was booked to do that, she became infinitely less cool.

Is it a little bit to do with the fact their focus is on the Saudi ShitShow right now so there’s no point focusing on the women since they’re forbidden to appear?