The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Yakashi said:

I think it’s an alternative in the way that it’s first show was good and wwe is the shits. Like, the worst it’s ever been. Even if AEW was a wwe cosplay, I’d still rather watch the show that’s good than the show that’s shit. 

It's a clear alternative because it's on PPV and TNT and has a roster of (many) people WWE would gainfully employ. This nonsense narrative washed a few months ago when we didn't know what AEW was. We do now.

It's not competition. That's way off. No one on here has pretended otherwise that I've read.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Yakashi said:

I always said that about Becky. She will never get to be a real star because stars need opponents and the women’s division is a mess. Except for Charlotte, there’s absolutely nothing there for her. Most of the singles women are either terrible or have been booked to mean less than nothing. Her best bet is Sasha coming back as a heel after a few months away. And then it’s 50/50 whether Sasha will die in their match anyway. 

I've got a much better idea...

tenor.gif.16a0d748986a0a837241e18330e37c8e.gif

22 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Quite why they didnt bring Shayna up after Mania I have no idea....actually, that's wrong, I do. Vince loves his blondes [Lacey/Charlotte/Alexa] and despite how fucking awesome Shayna is Vince is no doubt going 'Yeah but LOOK at her!'.... and 'She's HOW old!?'.

• Paid Members

There's an alternate dimension out there where Becky beat Ronda one-on-one at Wrestlemania, then Shayna came up to the main roster to get revenge on Ronda's behalf.

Also, remember when Asuka submitted Becky clean at Royal Rumble and everyone assumed it was to set her up as a challenger after Wrestlemania? Mad that absolutely nothing came of it.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

There's an alternate dimension out there where Becky beat Ronda one-on-one at Wrestlemania, then Shayna came up to the main roster to get revenge on Ronda's behalf.

If Shayna was Becky’s first challenger, there’d have been tears before bedtime after Money in the Bank, whichever one of them lost.

Rollins looked like an absolute moron and sounded like a proper heel when he was trying to goad Brock into cashing in the briefcase, poxy show is all over the place. Incredible just how wrong they consistently manage to get things. Corbin as number 1 contender, spreading their top guys (none of them stars) wafer thin by having them on both shows etc.  That 'electric chair' segment had to be a Vince idea too, absolute dogshite. At least pretend to give the participant a few shocks a la TNA with the buzz sound effect and flickering lights if they give a crap answer to a question.

13 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

If Shayna was Becky’s first challenger, there’d have been tears before bedtime after Money in the Bank, whichever one of them lost.

So what? She lost one of her matches at MITB anyway. Shayna is so credible as a killer heel that a loss wouldn't harm her or her opponent much at all in the long run.

16 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

So what? 

So let's not suggest stuff that we'd be moaning about if it happened. If Becky Lynch vs Shayna Baszler happened at Money in the Bank, we'd be complaining it should've been saved for SummerSlam or WrestleMania or whatever - and rightfully so.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

As much as she has the best and most believable character in all of women’s wrestling, it won’t mean anything after she’s had three months of 50/50 with Natalya.

• Paid Members

I just feel sorry for Becky. She built up this hugely over character in spite of all the shitty booking that surrounded her, then the moment Ronda fucked off she was left with no-one to actually play off of. Shayna feels tailor made. A hardcase who doesn't give a flying fuck if you call yourself The Man or not. She's going to fuck you up regardless.

Regarding the AEW line from Sami Zayn, I usually think Alvarez and Meltzer get a bad rap from fans and I do believe that Vince McMahon changes plans constantly, which undermines what they originally report, but still. Look at the state of this.

In an update, Alvarez noted on Wrestling Observer Live today that Vince McMahon was furious when AEW was mentioned live on RAW. Alvarez fueled the speculation with stories from multiple sources.

"These are two facts about the situation, alright? There are absolutely people who insist that Sami was given the OK to mention AEW, alright?," Alvarez said. "I've even heard from one person who said that in the script that went around in the morning yesterday, it was in the script that he was going to mention AEW. One person said that. I had another person say, and Dave had people tell him that it was a scripted line. Now, with that said, I heard from multiple people, far more people in fact, and people that heard from other people, that all said, the line was not scripted, the line was not supposed to be said.

"I was also told from multiple people that when it happened, Vince flipped his lid. He was furious that this happened, OK? So, that's literally... those are the two things that I can tell you. So, however you want to figure out what the hell is going on here, there's various ways that you could explain this. The one that people seem to think is the most likely, is that a small number of people were told that he was given the OK, and that they're working the boys and flipping out about it. I don't know what the answer is, all I know is that some people were told that he was given the OK, but most people said that he wasn't, and that Vince flipped out. I wasn't there, I don't know how the flip out occurred, I wasn't there to witness it, but I do know that the people there who absolutely 100% believed that he was very angry, that this was not him putting on a show for people, that this was not him trying to work the boys, that he was angry when this got on the air. I don't know how to explain everything, I just know that's what happened last night."

Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/05/vince-mcmahon-reportedly-furious-over-aew-name-drop-during-654595/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by Supremo

I can 100% believe everything there. That company is such a mess creatively. I can easily believe no one has a clue what’s going on anymore and there’s working the boys shit going on. Which is dumb as fuck. But they do it all the time.