The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Its fucking tragic how WWE is tangibly killing interest from long time wrestling fans. I've found myself going from watching every week religiously to, for the first time, being bored reading the results and quitting halfway through today. Still love wrestling more than ever, but WWE is a lost cause to me.

7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I've even stopped reading the Bleacher report. I don't look in this thread every week any more. Network cancelled a couple of months ago. None of this out of a 'wah fuck you WWE'- I just don't have the time or interest any more. I can't even be bothered to watch old stuff either, I've gone right off wrestling.

I've gone the same. All I was keeping the network for in the end was NXT that I'd sometimes forget to watch and then have three or four to catch up on and the odd WWE 24 or old PPV from 2001 that I've watched a hundred times already and own on DVD. I cancelled it in January and I think all I've watched since is some 'Mania highlights and Firefly Fun House on Youtube.

• Paid Members

Add me to the list of people who've stopped watching. Been a religious WWE viewer for over 20 years and never had a break from it, but the product has been getting steadily worse for a while. I got back from work the day after Mania, went to put Raw on and just couldn't be arsed. And I haven't watched a single thing since outside of the odd Youtube clip.

I read the reports on Tuesday morning and even that seems like a waste of 5 minutes. It's a massive shame but they're earning so much money from other revenue streams I doubt they're that arsed about a few lapsed fans!

I've stopped reading the reports as well. The only time I find out what's going in is through listening to observer radio. Reading about it is just as boring as watching it. 

And who could possibly want to go to stomping grounds. I mean really? It looks horrible. 

16 minutes ago, The Dart said:

They're going to have a PPV with almost the entire camera side blocked off.  Has that ever happened before?  Tickets are just far too expensive for most people/families.

The price of tickets isn't the problem. It's that people dont want to go to the shows because the tv is bad, they have no stars and nothing matters. They're not hot. I can guarantee you that if AEW had the exact same pricing structure for All Out that they would still have sold out in 15 minutes. It's because people want to go to the show so will pay the money. People dont want to go to stomping grounds because it looks shit and the tv show that builds to it is shit. 

UFC tickets are generally far, far more expensive than wwe and they sell far more. People will pay if they want to see the show. 

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

The price of tickets isn't the problem. It's that people dont want to go to the shows because the tv is bad, they have no stars and nothing matters. They're not hot. I can guarantee you that if AEW had the exact same pricing structure for All Out that they would still have sold out in 15 minutes. It's because people want to go to the show so will pay the money. People dont want to go to stomping grounds because it looks shit and the tv show that builds to it is shit. 

UFC tickets are generally far, far more expensive than wwe and they sell far more. People will pay if they want to see the show. 

This is a silly comparison to make. AEW are a hot new promotion who have had one show and major momentum. They have sold out their second big show, with people are flying in from all over the place in addition to local fans. It's a destination event, ala Wrestlemania (albeit on a smaler scale).

WWE are putting on a PPV every month, and Stomping Grounds is a "B" level PPV at best, no-one is travelling for that, so they are appealing primarily to the local market. I'm not suggesting WWE have a hot product currently, but comparing All Out and Stomping Grounds might as well be apples vs oranges.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, mim731 said:

This is a silly comparison to make. AEW are a hot new promotion who have had one show and major momentum. They have sold out their second big show, with people are flying in from all over the place in addition to local fans. It's a destination event, ala Wrestlemania (albeit on a smaler scale).

WWE are putting on a PPV every month, and Stomping Grounds is a "B" level PPV at best, no-one is travelling for that, so they are appealing primarily to the local market. I'm not suggesting WWE have a hot product currently, but comparing All Out and Stomping Grounds might as well be apples vs oranges.

Not everything needs to be a comparison to AEW but he is right. And for the reasons you state - AEW is a hot new promotion. WWE is currently unappealing. They haven't suddenly changed ticket prices and the economy hasn't suddenly shifted. The key reason for poor sales of late is interest in the product.

This was a recent Raw.

image.png.019921677ea7fa9120171960a1b353f8.png

Out of interest, what did everyone think was so bad this week?

The stuff I enjoyed this week far outweighed the bad:

The Elias beat down stuff was fun.

Rollins has an edge and I much prefer him like that.

US title contender match allowed a number of guys to look decent and was a good match.

New Day match was a solid effort all round.

AJ and his mates got something to do. Would be nice if they carried this on.

Bray's Funhouse speaks for itself.

Reigns kicking some arse is my favourite version of Roman.

Rollins/Bryan was good for what it was. I don't think anyone expected more on the Raw before a PPV.

That's a lot more than I've watched in recent weeks to be honest.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Not everything needs to be a comparison to AEW but he is right. And for the reasons you state - AEW is a hot new promotion. WWE is currently unappealing. They haven't suddenly changed ticket prices and the economy hasn't suddenly shifted. The key reason for poor sales of late is interest in the product

I see what you're saying, but again that is comparing an episode of Raw, which much like SG is not necessarily going to have a large destination event appeal, to (potentially) AEW's biggest show of the year. Yes the WWE product is unappealing, and in a slump, no-one is denying that, but you can make a much fairer comparison to say Summerslam vs All Out. If Summerslam in Toronto is half empty then the point holds up, but I don't think Stomping Grounds is a fair metric for the stated comparison. 

You can't compare Stomping Grounds to All Out as its just not the same and the reasons above have covered most of that

A more Comparable event is AEW Fight for the Fallen which is a B level show in just a 5,500 seat Arena and Ive just looked and I'd say at least 2,000+ Tickets are still available and the show is less then a month away and the prices are a lot cheaper then Stomping Grounds

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, MVP RULZ said:

A more Comparable event is AEW Fight for the Fallen which is a B level show in just a 5,500 seat Arena and Ive just looked and I'd say at least 2,000+ Tickets are still available and the show is less then a month away and the prices are a lot cheaper then Stomping Grounds

If we're playing the "you can't compare" card then comparing a PPV that has 5 hours of nationally televised build up to several million people to a show with 3 matches and no build is just as irrelevent.

As said, the AEW comparison is needless. WWE is in a funk. That's obvious from their empty seats.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I see what you're saying, but again that is comparing an episode of Raw, which much like SG is not necessarily going to have a large destination event appeal, to (potentially) AEW's biggest show of the year. Yes the WWE product is unappealing, and in a slump, no-one is denying that, but you can make a much fairer comparison to say Summerslam vs All Out. If Summerslam in Toronto is half empty then the point holds up, but I don't think Stomping Grounds is a fair metric for the stated comparison. 

SummerSlam won't be half empty anymore than WrestleMania or Royal Rumble will be. But that's the opposite end of the scale. That'd be like ignoring all of the negative measures because their traditionally big shows still draw. There is blatantly a problem and I think it's supply outstripping demand. Too many hours of TV, too many PPVs and too little of interest to fill them.