The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

56 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I usually think Alvarez and Meltzer get a bad rap from fans and I do believe that Vince McMahon changes plans constantly, which undermines what they originally report, but still. Look at the state of this.

Jesus Christ. That "report" is essentially a list of all possible scenarios they could think of.  If they'd have reported nothing at all they'd look better.  "Next week, Dave tells you that someone from numbers 1-15 is going to win the rumble and Alvarez tells you that he's been told it's someone from 16-30"  Pair of shithouses.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Jesus Christ. That "report" is essentially a list of all possible scenarios they could think of.  If they'd have reported nothing at all they'd look better.  "Next week, Dave tells you that someone from numbers 1-15 is going to win the rumble and Alvarez tells you that he's been told it's someone from 16-30"  Pair of shithouses.

Bryan has a daily radio show (which Dave isn’t on),which is where those quotes are from. Of course he’s going to talk about what he’s found out, without sounding definitive so the news sitez don’t spread rumours. He’s not written it in a newsletter.

2 hours ago, Duke said:

Bryan has a daily radio show (which Dave isn’t on),which is where those quotes are from. Of course he’s going to talk about what he’s found out, without sounding definitive so the news sitez don’t spread rumours. He’s not written it in a newsletter

He hasn't found anything out though, he's heard contradictory things. "I've been told it's raining outside, but other sources tell me that it isn't".  A Journalist would go outside and see which statement is true, but then Alvarez isn't a Journalist.

yep. he's effectively just saying "it may or may not have been scripted, depending on who you listen to. Vince may or may not have been pretty angry about it" he's just managed to elongate it to make it sound like a story.

It also just shows that when they say "according to their sources" it means nothing (not that we don't know that already though).  One of them says "my sources told me this" the other says "my sources told me the opposite".  So, your sources mean nothing then, because you've just proved (again, not that it was required) there's at least a 50% chance they're just not accurate.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

He hasn't found anything out though, he's heard contradictory things. "I've been told it's raining outside, but other sources tell me that it isn't".  A Journalist would go outside and see which statement is true, but then Alvarez isn't a Journalist.

You could’ve just described most of the media’s reporting of brexit, or the football transfer window. I appreciate it’s not Spotlight, but suggesting he’d be better off saying nothing is bonkers. Particularly when you consider what he’s reporting is that he’s heard conflicting things but that “by far” more people have told him that it wasn’t scripted which runs contrary to the version doing the rounds.

The tidbit that people think this might be working the boys is interesting too, considering that’s one of the big morale sinkers wcw had. 

1 minute ago, Duke said:

You could’ve just described most of the media’s reporting of brexit, or the football transfer window.

And that's not journalism either.  I guess I was approaching it from a journalistic credentials point of view, throwing all the shit at the wall doesn't give you any credibility but I'm using a metric that should be applied to journalists, which Meltzer and Alvarez aren't.  Obviously they can say whatever they want on their show, it's their show(s) after all, but it's why I think "According to Meltzer / Alvarez" carries no weight whatsoever.

• Paid Members

So I’d agree that most people throw that line out way too easily and talk about Dave and Bryan’s speculative punditry on the radio show as if it’s fact, because they said it, even though they probably didn’t present it like that on the show.

Ironically, one of the criticisms of Dave from the satins and other scooperstars is that he gets beaten to the scoops, which is usually because he actually checks his sources and applies journalistic standards before writing up major stories. They absolutely don’t just throw everything at the wall. Bryan definitely isn’t a journalist, Dave can be, it’s just that most of the content he produces is punditry, and that’s what you see if you only see from the news sites. 

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

And that's not journalism either.  I guess I was approaching it from a journalistic credentials point of view, throwing all the shit at the wall doesn't give you any credibility but I'm using a metric that should be applied to journalists, which Meltzer and Alvarez aren't.  Obviously they can say whatever they want on their show, it's their show(s) after all, but it's why I think "According to Meltzer / Alvarez" carries no weight whatsoever.

Yeah, alright SpursRIP

• Paid Members

I had a watch of Lesnar's dance after reading about it on Bleacher Report. I have to say, as funny as it was, what struck me is what a fantastic dynamic him and Paul Heyman have, it's quite unlike anything I've seen.

I remember a couple of years ago when Heyman was doing a promo to someone, probably Reigns, and he said something like, "Lesnar doesn't even like me - so imagine what he will do to you?"

This idea of having a manager you don't really care for that will do your talking and other crap for you, and him happily accepting that, is superb. I'm glad to see them play with that a bit when Lesnar told Heyman to stop dancing.

• Paid Members

The dynamic plays so well into Brock not realising about the contract too as Heyman deals with everything for him. It sells the character so well of 'turn up when I want too, don't worry about fine details just suplex people'.