The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

He mentioned them by name in a train wreck segment where the fans were asking him questions as he sat in an electric chair.

There were also loud, “AEW!” chants during Shane McMahon’s terrible match earlier in the show. 

Bloody Yawn

How can they ask you about AEW when all the fans asking questions were plants.

It was the same with the Bliss segment in the past, they had a women ask a question on that and then she turned up in Japan wrestling a week later

Nice to see WWE no-selling AEW by putting on another shite show this week.
Honestly, all that talent and nearly an hour into the show there were no matches!?

You can just see Vince's mind going 'No, I'm not going to put on a great show because that would make people think I care about AEW and I don't dammit! I'll show them!' and then put on a crapfest out of sheer spite to show he's not bothered.
I mean, this seriously can't be Vince trying his best to put on good TV, can it?

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

3 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

The Viking Raiders done already?

I don’t remember seeing them for what feels like a month now.

Just shows how short term they are thinking at the moment. 'Quick let's promote the NXT Tag Champs, change their names and forget about them after 2 weeks'

Same with the Ricochet and Black promotions, there was no need to rush them up as a tag team. Two stars on their hands who they could've made huge deals of upon debuting.

Seems to be no thought going into anything at the moment. A complete and utter shambles.

Enjoyed a couple of matches and the Brock stuff but yeah Raw still works far better as a highlight show or just picking and choosing what i want to watch. I went for years watching full shows and now I can't imagine suffering that.

I wasn't expecting any significant shift in the product based on one AEW show anyway. Vince would be crazy to do that. Why would he? What's he even got to base a shake up on? Some decent online feedback? Hardly a solid reason to change all your business plans. 

If they ever do anything as a direct result of AEW then the new upstart needs to do something that Vince actually needs to be worried about first.

I still think any talk of AEW being a notable alternative is wildly premature - we won't have any idea whether it'll be anything until they're in the position of writing and producing a weekly TV show - but almost instantly things do feel slightly different. This episode of Raw was proper dreck and, hearing people reference and chant for another company, the mind does wander to, "maybe that other show would be a better use of my time than this".

Literally the only things that tickled my fancy for just a split second each were Dancing Brock and Abigail's tone-shifting, "why won't you let me rest?". Everything else fell between forgettable and flat-out rough.

3 hours ago, textonly said:

I still think any talk of AEW being a notable alternative is wildly premature - we won't have any idea whether it'll be anything until they're in the position of writing and producing a weekly TV show - but almost instantly things do feel slightly different. This episode of Raw was proper dreck and, hearing people reference and chant for another company, the mind does wander to, "maybe that other show would be a better use of my time than this".

Literally the only things that tickled my fancy for just a split second each were Dancing Brock and Abigail's tone-shifting, "why won't you let me rest?". Everything else fell between forgettable and flat-out rough.

I think it’s an alternative in the way that it’s first show was good and wwe is the shits. Like, the worst it’s ever been. Even if AEW was a wwe cosplay, I’d still rather watch the show that’s good than the show that’s shit. 

Yeah. There's just too little reward for following WWE these days. Reading recaps and watching the odd clip is the definitely the best way to keep up.

I can't believe they had Kofi out there all smiles, throwing pancakes, calling out fucking Brock Lesnar, just a week after Ziggler caved his head in with a chair. The beat down was the most brutal I've seen in ages, but it meant nothing because nothing matters.

Did Vince develop Alzheimer's last summer? Things have been hot and cold for years but any shred of reason and continuity went out the window around that point. The show's a disorientating mess.  

It's striking how much of an afterthought Becky and the women's division has become now Ronda's gone and the Mania PR job is out the way. It's a massive shame. Becky's one of the few acts that has a genuine crowd connection and was accepted as a star. She's dead in the water in that division.

I really hope they don't fuck up Bray Wyatt. He needs to win and keep winning decisively. A golden opportunity has fallen into their laps to reset this guy and get the stench off of him. He's shown he's got the chops to be the top star. Who else is left?

6 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Yeah. There's just too little reward for following WWE these days. Reading recaps and watching the odd clip is the definitely the best way to keep up.

I can't believe they had Kofi out there all smiles, throwing pancakes, calling out fucking Brock Lesnar, just a week after Ziggler caved his head in with a chair. The beat down was the most brutal I've seen in ages, but it meant nothing because nothing matters.

Did Vince develop Alzheimer's last summer? Things have been hot and cold for years but any shred of reason and continuity went out the window around that point. The show's a disorientating mess.  

It's striking how much of an afterthought Becky and the women's division has become now Ronda's gone and the Mania PR job is out the way. It's a massive shame. Becky's one of the few acts that has a genuine crowd connection and was accepted as a star. She's dead in the water in that division.

I really hope they don't fuck up Bray Wyatt. He needs to win and keep winning decisively. A golden opportunity has fallen into their laps to reset this guy and get the stench off of him. He's shown he's got the chops to be the top star. Who else is left?

I always said that about Becky. She will never get to be a real star because stars need opponents and the women’s division is a mess. Except for Charlotte, there’s absolutely nothing there for her. Most of the singles women are either terrible or have been booked to mean less than nothing. Her best bet is Sasha coming back as a heel after a few months away. And then it’s 50/50 whether Sasha will die in their match anyway.