The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Actually enjoyed Raw this week. Best one since Mania. Being taped helped. It actually felt like a show that had been written before it went on air.

Show reminded me how awesome Roman and Lashley are together. Not enough of them slugging it out tonight. Roman is still golden in how he elevates everybody he shares the ring with and makes them feel special for a bit. It's just a shame that Reigns massive in-ring charisma never transfers into his promos.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

56 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Building a cage out of silver spoons, however - that would beĀ something new and Iā€™d be thereĀ for it.

I only want this so the match finished with a pin so they ref is saying that Shaneā€™s shoulders were down, but Shane says ā€œuh uh uh, if you look in this side of the spoon, my shoulders actually upā€

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I don't watch the current product but often find myself checking in via the YouTube channel and, I have to say, Rey Mysterio is still absolutely fucking class isn't he?Ā 

I now want to go and check out that match with Cesaro. I'd be happy seeing them wrestle each other more, based on those two minutes.Ā 

To me Bray is the only reason I am half keeping an eye on Raw. Probably because as discussed the last few weeks he is the only one with a character going on. Personally I loved the skit on Raw this week but will be interesting to see how this translates in the ring/on the shows as this will die a death the minute he is back exchanging wins and loses in 30 min matches every week on Raw. They need to try keep Bray as a special attraction and back him with this, no wrestling on Raw/Smackdown, just skits/odd appearances and matches every few months on PPV.Ā 

We all know after MITB he will probably be wasted on normal TV again.Ā 

Hopefully the rumours are true that The Undertaker has been helping him with this gimmick as that might suggest they will take him seriously.

Edited by Briefcase

He picked the right week to come back, he looked like he was going out for the nightĀ down Old Compton Street in that gear.

I donā€™t watch week to week, butĀ just watched that Nikki Cross & Alexa Bliss segment- how long has Nikki not been barmy? And also, ā€œstop.....wait.....you can talk to me,Ā Alexaā€, fucking Tommy Wiseau levels of wooden

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The mask that Bray had on in the Funhouse segment was created by none other than horror legend Tom Savini which was a nice touch

I believe he was creating the masks that Rowan wore before he joined Bryan as well.

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

He picked the right week to come back, he looked like he was going out for the nightĀ down Old Compton Street in that gear.

I donā€™t watch week to week, butĀ just watched that Nikki Cross & Alexa Bliss segment- how long has Nikki not been barmy? And also, ā€œstop.....wait.....you can talk to me,Ā Alexaā€, fucking Tommy Wiseau levels of wooden

I dunno WHAT that Nikki Cross segment was about - was she meant to be playing Alexa Bliss by pretending to be normal? Either way it was shite.

Really enjoyed Cesaro againstĀ Rey Msyterio. Felt less rote than the usual Raw match and it reminded me of the daysĀ Cesaro, Bryan and The Shield were having bangers on the regular. Not keen on Cesaro's new tron and lack ofĀ entrance jacket. They didn't needĀ to findĀ ways to make him more boring.

I liked the more stripped back direction they went with Styles and Rollins. The video packages were a nice touch and definitely got me into this match more than anything they did previous weeks. AJ's promo was lame though. Really hope there's a heel turn coming because he's stale as hell at the moment.

There's Nikki Cross!! I've no idea what this is or where it's going, but I'm just chuffed to see another face in Raw's women's divisionĀ and an actual story line that doesn't involve a belt.Ā I didn't mind her promo at all.Ā I didĀ think ICW had the best talkers on the planet back in the day so maybe I'm just a sucker for Scottish accents. Hope this doesn't go the predictable route of Alexa duping her and steamrolling her back into irrelevance. OrĀ worse, the angle beingĀ dropped and completelyĀ forgotten next week.Ā 

I'm still not keenĀ onĀ Lacey Evans as an opponent for Becky Lynch.Ā It's as deflating as that timeĀ when white hot Daniel Bryan was being wastedĀ trying to get Big Fucking Cass over.Ā She's seemsĀ bad/boring in-ringĀ and she's not over. But ohĀ boy, did she bring theĀ class last night. She was as confident on the mic as any of the vetsĀ and she dealt with an unrulyĀ crowd like a natural. She put Charlotte to shame.Ā I dunno if the crowd threw her but The QueenĀ seemed completely off here. Good segment.

Worst thing about Ricochet/Corbin is that they cut Baron's glorious entrance. Loved the switch into the End of Days for the finish, looked beautiful. I never thought Ricochet would amount to much, sadly, which is why the loss didn't bother me.Ā 

Oh, my manĀ Sami is just a joyĀ at the moment. His obnoxious gesticulatingĀ is more fun to watch than the actual wrestling. I can't see him going much longer without babyfacing himself.

Poor, poor Braun.Ā šŸ˜©

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The mask that Bray had on in the Funhouse segment was created by none other than horror legend Tom Savini which was a nice touch

Nearly. Came out of his studio, but not made by the man himself.Ā 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157135029577482&id=841047481https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157135029577482&id=841047481

Ā 

1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Not keen on Cesaro's new tron and lack ofĀ entrance jacket. They didn't needĀ to findĀ ways to make him more boring.

This will just be a palate cleanser phase. It's Cesaro. He's bound to find some new entrance gear soon to try to mask his lack of personality. He'll rock up in the next few weeks with a Honky Tonk Man jumpsuit or Hacksaw's 2x4 or something. It could be a fidget spinner.