The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Is there a logistical reason why they didn’t record Raw in Dublin on this tour? Feels like exactly the type of thing Becky needed after cooling off so much post-Mania. I know they book the arenas in advance but it’s seemed like the logical thing to do months and months ago.

At the very least, I’d have done a Network special.

I would guess they had booked everything before they knew what they were doing with Becky unfortunately, things like a TV taping must be booked way in advance and I esxpect during the booking you need to state what you are using it for house show/ TV/ PPV etc.

16 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I'm sure it could be argued that a large part of that was due to the shift to HD, but that certainly isn't anywhere near a good enough excuse, especially so many years on now.

When they first reintroduced the draft, I remember noticing the week after that at least they'd done SOMETHING to differentiated between Raw and SmackDown Live. New logo for the former, different tron setup, moving the commentators... there was at least a hint of a difference there, and that felt like a big deal. I don't know when it changed back, though, because it ended up being so inconsequential that I didn't notice.

I remember the 5/6 weeks before Summerslam 2016 both shows had a very different set with Raw having the archway and Smackdown having the big blue neon wall. It did make it more exciting then right after the PPV they went to using the 2 variations of the latest super HD set and although they have a few differences it makes both shows look very similar again.

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

Is there a logistical reason why they didn’t record Raw in Dublin on this tour? Feels like exactly the type of thing Becky needed after cooling off so much post-Mania. I know they book the arenas in advance but it’s seemed like the logical thing to do months and months ago.

At the very least, I’d have done a Network special.

Video-Production-Dublin-3Arena-Venue.jpg

They're rocking the semicircle up in Dublin. Those tiers extend down and you have seats on the floor for wrestling, but it's still very much crowd all on one side. They'd have to put the hard cam above the tron, like they done for One Night Stand in the Hammerstein. 

They could definitely do a Network special, but probably too much messing about with that perfect image they project for Raw, sadly. 

47 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Video-Production-Dublin-3Arena-Venue.jpg

They're rocking the semicircle up in Dublin. Those tiers extend down and you have seats on the floor for wrestling, but it's still very much crowd all on one side. They'd have to put the hard cam above the tron, like they done for One Night Stand in the Hammerstein. 

They could definitely do a Network special, but probably too much messing about with that perfect image they project for Raw, sadly. 

That looks alot like the setup the 3Arena had for that mad Conor McGregor Fight Night. Which the UFC love showing in video promo's, when all the pints went flying when Conor won.

Shame as the WWE could have tried ripping it off for a big Becky moment.

• Paid Members

Bit meh on the Wyatt thing. Good production and might appeal to some but feels a bit square one to me. Would prefer him to be a massive hypocrite who dresses like an overgrown child. Definitely more interesting. 

Ricochet lost to Baron Corbin. Don't worry though, when he's not a star, someone smart will tell us its because he doesn't sell or he does too many moves or something.

Haven't even watched the YouTube supercut. The UK shows are always useless. Though Sami taking the spot in MITB is more interesting than most things they do over here.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Dark Bray Wyatt again. Great. In other news, now I don't give a fuck again about Bray Wyatt,

I think this Joker / The Clown (Spawn) get up and gimmick can still work. It was always going to turn dark. This wasn't a gimmick like smiling DDP or something

• Paid Members

So is the idea he'll be TV presenter Bray most of the time and then turn dark. So it's a split personality character? I liked what I saw, but I have no idea how you make that translate to arenas and house shows. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, mim731 said:

So is the idea he'll be TV presenter Bray most of the time and then turn dark. So it's a split personality character? I liked what I saw, but I have no idea how you make that translate to arenas and house shows. 

Maybe they will scrap the funhouse and he can just be Wyatt the Clown

• Paid Members

Sadly inevitable that Bray Wyatt would turn into the fat spooky lad, again. I was just hoping we'd get a few more weeks of the good stuff before he switches.

The fear is this is some alter ego and we get some really crap Demon v Slipknot Roadie feud.

• Paid Members

Surely the best use of Wyatt these days is as Funhouse Bray, the halftime entertainer? Put him out there doing the same skit every commercial break so that people get up and go buy a t-shirt? 

Had a feeling that this was where they were heading with Bray, but I’m not giving up on it just yet. Obviously he was never going to be a wrestling kids TV presenter, and hopefully this new thing plays out like one of the recent comics versions of The Joker and isn’t just a Heath Ledger knockoff.

It depends how they want to play it too in terms of whether or not it’s just an alter ego or if it’s split personality. Having him ask “do you want to see my secret?” and talking about how he has learnt to harness it would suggest that the character is aware of it whereas wouldn’t a split personality be unaware of it? I don’t know, but that’s for the writers to decide.