The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Running around with a referee trying to put himself into small packages etc only for them to break it themselves on 2. I'd go the whole hog and book Joe Vs Drake at the Rumble. Have weeks of him trying to psyche himself up for it. Bring Elsworth in to give him a pep talk, proper David & Goliath build then Joe murders him at the Rumble, but he gets a couple of roll ups for near falls and/or a lucky bit of offense where Joe runs into the ring post after he moves. It could make for some fascinating television. 

I wonder how much the backrooms of WWE appreciate this kind of thing. On one hand, it's everything they claim they love. The worker is being creative, working hard, showing what they're capable of and forging a connection with the audience. Hypothetically he's making the writer's job easier and should reap the benefits. On the other hand, WWE is about as nimble in its creative direction as an aircraft carrier. I can imagine some in creative thinking, "oh, for fuck's sake, what is Maverick doing? The plan was to use this to get Rawley* over enough so we can put out this action figure we commissioned. We'll just have to find a way to bury Maverick and get the attention back on Rawley". Obviously you hope it's more of the former, but it's an interesting balance they have to strike. It's hard to think of too many other industries that work with this kind of dynamic.

*Just using him as a random example because he has a new look they could potentially be thinking of exploiting in new merch

• Paid Members

It's like Zack Ryder allover again. Will they bother paying attention this time?

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Baron Corbin is the #1 contender.

That is all.

Vince -“We need to take AEW down a peg or too because people liked their show. What have we got to show our Universe why were still number 1?”

• Paid Members

I really hoped AEW's show would give them a kick up the arse but this was one of the all-time worst Raws I can remember. Absolutely dreadful couple of hours, even just as background viewing.

The only real highlight was Brock. Modifying the briefcase to be a beatbox and doing daft little dances, he was easily the best thing on the show. Bet he hates being forced to stick around for the full three hours to try and salvage ratings though.

Otherwise it was a real pile of shit, with both Shane McMahon's promo/match and that Electric Chair segment being particular low points.

Them banging on and on about that Fatal Four Way being an elimination match only for it to end after the first pinfall because the other two participants had seemingly quantum leaped away was proper mid-2000 WCW stuff. And now Baron Corbin is the Number One Contender. Fucking hell.

The most noteworthy was Sami Zayn mentioning AEW during his segment. In their minds, I assume they think by mentioning them it gives the impression that they're not worried at all but chinny reckon, Vince. If you really didn't care and they truly aren't on your radar then you'd not mention them at all, never mind at the first opportunity following their first proper show.

Plus, probably not best to mention potential new competition in one of the all-time worst segments on one of the all-time worst episodes. But then, I think it's become increasingly clear that Vince can't even tell whats any good anymore. Imagine doing that garbage Alexa Bliss segment a while back when fans were allowed to ask questions and thinking, "this was success! We should do this again!"

Also, imagine being Triple H. Vince calls up your NXT tag team champions, meaning you've got to re-write and scramble around to deal with that mess, then Vince abandons them within weeks anyway and they vanish off the face of the Earth. Trips must be seething!

But hey, at least we've got Dancin' Brock.

irwjcsk8ju031.gif

Edited by Supremo

I suppose a lot of people online probably were expecting some kind of retort or big change, but the fact that it's business as usual shows that - despite the Sami Zayn mention - AEW mean sod all to WWE right now. Which is perfectly fine. I just wish they didn't mention them. The 'E used to be well above that kind of stuff and I weirdly miss it. I'm sure people other than Vince are keeping an eye on what Tony Khan is doing but that's about the extent of it. Always surprised when people think this might have been rabbit out of the hat time for Raw. 

Thank god that alternative exists. 

• Paid Members

He mentioned them by name in a train wreck segment where the fans were asking him questions as he sat in an electric chair.

There were also loud, “AEW!” chants during Shane McMahon’s terrible match earlier in the show. 
Edited by Supremo