The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Catching up, I love these blink-and-you’ll-miss-them appearances of the Firefly Funhouse puppets backstage. Genuinely cool idea. Everything about Bray’s new character and return to TV has been the one shining light since Wrestlemania. Whilst everything else is turning to shit, Bray has somehow managed to create something totally different to what they normally do, with time for it to breathe and develop. I’m terrified for when he inevitably makes it to TV and gets boiled down to being one-note. Written by someone with a bit of imagination and ambition this new character could be incredible.

I don't know how it can translate to TV. It'll end up as a crap, no explanation Balor type monster the odd time and Wyatt delivering the 'Yowie Wowie' type promos twice a week until people are sick to death of it, like his first gimmick.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Everything about Bray’s new character and return to TV has been the one shining light since Wrestlemania. 

That’s not fair. The 24/7 belt is good as well.

But yeah, I’m gonna be very pleasantly surprised if Bray’s new character translates to wrestling any better than his original character did. I could see it being even worse.

Hopefully we can get some sort of end to the Wildcard rule tonight

Having Raws Samoa Joe as the Challenger to Smackdowns WWE title makes it tough to do it immediately but at least some form of announcement that the night after Extreme Rules everything is reset to seperate brands again would at least get some closure to the wildcard rules.

Interesting to see how this all works as the original announcement seemed to suggest neither Heymans (outside of his Brock work) or Bischoffs roles would be on screen so not sure why they are appearing. 

Have not watched a full Raw since 2017 but don't know what people are seeing in this Wyatt shtick. I totally understood the appeal of the original Wyatt vignettes and think that character has got to go down as one of their biggest missed opportunities ever, and they did it quicker than I remembered too, rewatched the show he debuted at a few months back and debuting in an inferno match against Kane was a bad omen in retrospect, they soon just made him a supernatural wanker. This though I just don't understand, it just comes off as one last desperate grasp at relevance. He's putting his all into it, but he always has with everything, it didn't matter. I'll be astounded if after missing the original slam dunk, they get anything significantly good out of this.

I did enjoy the mask maker's account of Bray texting him to say "we did it. we changed wrestling forever.", though. Is it sad or inspiring that he still has an iota of faith?

Edited by sj5522