AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Archer was also weirdly likeable in some of Danhausen's pre-AEW videos. He clearly finds Danhausen funny and tries to keep up (while Danhausen refers to him as the Murder-bird and generally confuses him), and it's oddly adorable. There's a potential big-dad-that-kicks-the-shit-out-of-bad-guys babyface there.

• Paid Members

The first time I watched the G1 Climax it was Archer vs Ospreay and that match was an absolute banger and not just because of Ospreay. Was happy to see him turn up in AEW and then even happier to see him with Jake The Snake. Sadly he just got lost in the shuffle and most have. A brand split is exactly what someone like Archer needs.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Joe (snip)

Miro (snip)

I mean, everything from 2005 was better than anything since, so what they really want to do is replicate the run Joe had doing competitive 5 minute sprints with Sonjay Dutt or Chris Sabin, but with Miro instead.

• Paid Members

Yep, RUSH, 1000 times RUSH. Guy is a superstar being wasted on ROH. Speaking of which, Athena’s current run being in front of a tiny audience is borderline criminal. She’s amazing, put her on TV immediately. 

Wrestling Observer via Reddit :

WON: Notes on Ace Steel’s return and CM Punk

In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a very long article about the WBD upfronts and CM Punk and whatnot, so I’m going to do my best to summarize the key parts involving Ace Steel (Chris Guy) here:

•    Steel, who was the only one fired after Brawl Out last year, was apparently one of Punk’s requests or demands to return.
    •    Dave lays out a timeline of when he had heard about Steel’s name coming up first. Based on Steel being in talks with Impact until several weeks ago, the Mike Johnson story about him, and the Nick Hausman story about him returning several months ago, him being brought back 6-7 weeks ago would fit the time table.
    •    Dave says people at the top in AEW repeatedly denied that he was hired, and people close to Steel said it was a closely kept secret and that he would return at the first Collision show. Key talent had no idea he was hired until this week and were shocked to find out about it.
    •    The story is that apparently Tony Khan told CM Punk that Steel could have his job back and work closely with Punk, but he would have to work remotely and he could not come to the Collision tapings. Everything fell apart at that point.
    •    On 5/16, after graphics and everything had been made to push Punk as the star of the Collision show the next morning, WBD was told to scrub him from everything, which they did. Dave says while the Collision show was not completely incumbent upon Punk’s return, WBD had pushed very hard for Punk to be brought back based on his prior successes in AEW.
    •    Dave says multiple people in AEW have now confirmed that this is what happened.

🤕🤬🤯🐶😭🤑🤝🤬🤯

😂

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Chris B said:

There's a potential big-dad-that-kicks-the-shit-out-of-bad-guys babyface there.

This is such a great idea I'm now bummed out that it'll never happen. Him and Danhausen for tag champs!

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Just to echo a few other thoughts people have mentioned:

Please no JR. That'll suck the life right out of it immediately. 

If this doesn't become a vehicle for RUSH, then it's an entire waste of time. Whenever Orange Cassidy is ready to lose the belt, RUSH needs to destroy him to win it. 

More of a focus for Swerve wouldn't go amiss. 

Do whatever you need to do to deal with these visa issues that mean people go missing all the time. Whether that's pre record vignettes for them, or if you know they may be gone for a month, do they old 'We've got PAC calling in on the phone' carry on, or send someone to Mexico/England to interview them after they work a match for a promotion over there. Basically, PAC, Bandido, Fenix, Pentagon and whoever else - there needs to be forward planning so that these guys aren't just coming in, having a banger, then disappearing altogether until god knows when. 

I know they won't due to the ugly LED boards, but I'd like the show to look a little different, even if it's just the canvas having the shows logo on it or something. I'd also think it might be worthwhile exploring some different looking arena set ups again, so the buildings themselves look different. Running double the amount of shows, but potentially in the same markets (maybe they tape this on a Thursday some weeks?) may hurt the crowds that come to each individual show. Get on the blower to Club LaVela and NYC's Penn station pronto. 

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Wrestling Observer via Reddit :

WON: Notes on Ace Steel’s return and CM Punk

In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a very long article about the WBD upfronts and CM Punk and whatnot, so I’m going to do my best to summarize the key parts involving Ace Steel (Chris Guy) here:

•    Steel, who was the only one fired after Brawl Out last year, was apparently one of Punk’s requests or demands to return.
    •    Dave lays out a timeline of when he had heard about Steel’s name coming up first. Based on Steel being in talks with Impact until several weeks ago, the Mike Johnson story about him, and the Nick Hausman story about him returning several months ago, him being brought back 6-7 weeks ago would fit the time table.
    •    Dave says people at the top in AEW repeatedly denied that he was hired, and people close to Steel said it was a closely kept secret and that he would return at the first Collision show. Key talent had no idea he was hired until this week and were shocked to find out about it.
    •    The story is that apparently Tony Khan told CM Punk that Steel could have his job back and work closely with Punk, but he would have to work remotely and he could not come to the Collision tapings. Everything fell apart at that point.
    •    On 5/16, after graphics and everything had been made to push Punk as the star of the Collision show the next morning, WBD was told to scrub him from everything, which they did. Dave says while the Collision show was not completely incumbent upon Punk’s return, WBD had pushed very hard for Punk to be brought back based on his prior successes in AEW.
    •    Dave says multiple people in AEW have now confirmed that this is what happened.

🤕🤬🤯🐶😭🤑🤝🤬🤯

😂

In the midst of deciphering this convoluted narrative, it appears that we are being led to believe that CM Punk has unequivocally abandoned the notion of making a comeback, all due to the mishandling of Ace Steel's rehiring. Whatever your thoughts may be on the enigmatic Pepsi Phil, one cannot deny his unwavering support for those who exhibit loyalty towards him.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, David said:

In the midst of deciphering this convoluted narrative, it appears that we are being led to believe that CM Punk has unequivocally abandoned the notion of making a comeback, all due to the mishandling of Ace Steel's rehiring. Whatever your thoughts may be on the enigmatic Pepsi Phil, one cannot deny his unwavering support for those who exhibit loyalty towards him.

• Paid Members

Hopefully Orange Cassidy being so prominent on the poster is a sign of things to come, and not just a panicked photoshop when CM Punk threw a new fit. Cassidy is the fucking man. He doesn’t look out of place at all as the featured guy on a poster. I was shocked to read the other day that he’s 39 years old. I never would have guessed that. He still has a tangible sense of being a new, fresh, young, exciting talent.

But yeah; the only reason Orange should ever lose the International Title is so that he can move further up the card and start headlining regularly. If not Hangman, I’d be tempted to consider Orange Cassidy the perfect guy to dethrone MJF. Dream characters to interact in promos and segments, too. MJF getting more and more wound up as his edge-lord act fails to get a reaction out of him. Orange falling asleep in the middle of it. Or better yet, imagine when he finally snaps! Holy shit!