AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

6 minutes ago, Louch said:

Given the elite are in a feud that’s about to have its first multi man, and aew tend to have these things drag out across a few, where’s the benefit in him stirring the elite pot last night? 

We don't really know it'll drag out. It's about to be derailed post DoN with Forbidden Door on the horizon. Kenny's defending the IWGP US title, likely against Ospreay. Danielson & Mox will probably be paired against other NJPW talents. By the time that shakes out it's the road to All In/Out. While Punk was making fun of the EVPs on IG. Post-Dynamite to celebrate the return of the Elite, Cutler brought out some booze. Not a very Elite thing to do and seemed to be only done to tee up Kenny's joke about being Straight Edge.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Isn't Collision being based on Punk just pure speculation!? Where's the marketing they had to change last minute to remove him? Has anyone actually seen it?

It's there, there has been changes to remove Punk being advertised as below. It's not just some wild fantasies that people have conjured up and isn't that hard to believe either. How much has been changed, is up for debate, but there has been changes. 

Screenshot_20230518_132911_Twitter.jpg

I think I'll take a dip from AEW threads for a while, speaking of things that aren't worth it. 

Edited by Nick James

If moody Pip Brooks has already fucked AEW and Collision before it's even started, I will be wearing a shit-eating grin.  I have always said this is a bad idea, and let's be honest, it WILL end in tears sooner rather than later.  Just... you know, not THIS soon surely?

Reasons to hate Punk #73 - here he and Colt are laughing at how all female wrestlers are “rats” and talking about how they intentionally hurt a female trainee so they would keep driving them to shows.

The face of Collision!

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I know that was from a long time ago and people change etc etc but fucking hell that's some seriously dark horrendous stuff. I doubt people can change that much even after 10+ years.

Of course people can change that much. That clips almost 20 years old. Even his pro wrestling, pro choice statement shows he’s a more considerate person now than he was back then. My mate was the biggest meat eater I know, treated his girlfriends badly and is now a vegan who regrets how he used to treat people and is now doing all he can to be compassionate and caring to people. 

Im sure there are things you regret from your late teens early adulthood you regret now. I voted Lib Dem’s in 2010 because I thought Labour were doing a shit job for example. What an idiot!

22 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Of course people can change that much

Yep. If you don’t think people of any age can change then there isn’t any point in advocacy or activism. 

Personally I found the T shirt thing came across as performative. If he really gave a shit about women’s rights he’d be a bit more vocal about the abusers he works with. He’s not shy about calling stuff out when he’s affected but it’s crickets when it’s nonces. 

Punk in the clip is what, 30?  Sure people can change, but he still did that shit AND thought it was a brag worthy story.  At 30.

I’ve changed a lot over the years, but I was never a prick who took advantage of women and laughed about it.  In my experience, a lot of those people just get better at hiding it, not nicer people.

I can see why AEW employs so many wronguns though - they’ve all changed!

Edited by Loki

51 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Of course people can change that much. That clips almost 20 years old.

He's also now married, and has been for a while, hasn't he? If ever there's a way to knock that kind of shit out of a man it's a woman basically dragging him into line. I know a few lads who were horrendous individuals and having gotten married and settled down are now totally different people.

3 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Being married doesn't make you suddenly a good person. That's not at all how it works.

And that's not at all what I said.

I said that often times single guys have opinions that they've had since they were young, and it takes the growing up that you do when you enter a long-term relationship to make you see the errors of your way and become a different, and even better, person.

Just now, David said:

And that's not at all what I said.

I said that often times single guys have opinions that they've had since they were young, and it takes the growing up that you do when you enter a long-term relationship to make you see the errors of your way and become a different, and even better, person.

Yes, By growing up. Not because his wife "dragged him into line". Its not her job to make a shitty guy a better person.