AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

A Saturday evening show should be as variety show as it gets things like lance archer dragging jobbers out for squashes that can bring back the teatime magic of Mr Blobby tearing up Noel’s House Party. 

In reality It would be good if this was the show with a bit more storyline across a show, even if it’s just quick promos in the intro like Saturday nights main event used to have so you know who is fighting and why, give it a hook for why people should keep watching than go out instead

Re putting skits on TV, I’ve said for a while that is what rampage should be. Funny stuff and entertainment that people half cut a Friday night wanna have a laugh watching. Sack off your Keith Lee types and have the dark order solving crimes or some goofy shit. 

• Paid Members
Just now, gmoney said:

Astounded people are calling for more Lance Archer on telly. Aside from Hangman dragging him to a fun match, once, he's been so so dull. File under "good in Japan". 

No way, you couldn't be more wrong here. Archer has had a load of good matches. He's not one for the workrate wankers but if you like wrestling big, loud, dumb and fun he's got a lot to offer. And his squash matches are always an absolute joy. Definitely a spot for him on any wrestling show.

Edited by LaGoosh

26 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

No way, you couldn't be more wrong here. Archer has had a load of good matches. He's not one for the workrate wankers but if you like wrestling big, loud, dumb and fun he's got a lot to offer. And his squash matches are always an absolute joy. Definitely a spot for him on any wrestling show.

Yeah I love the guy. He can be really entertaining. I can't remember what year but it was a G1 that made me really into him and I've watched him ever since. Worth having around for sure.

• Paid Members

I would like to chime in with my near 20 year out of date contribution (per my core brand values) and declare that Lance Hoyt vs Abyss was really fun when TNA briefly spotted that Lance was getting over.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I can't remember what year but it was a G1 that made me really into him and I've watched him ever since. Worth having around for sure.

2019. Archer and Ospreay had a great G1 match in Dallas. People started to notice him and not seeing him as the guy in the tag team with Harry Smith. 

2 hours ago, gmoney said:

Astounded people are calling for more Lance Archer on telly. Aside from Hangman dragging him to a fun match, once, he's been so so dull. File under "good in Japan". 

He was dull as fuck in Japan bar spitting water on the crowd. He’s only good in the states as per replies above 

20 minutes ago, Louch said:

He was dull as fuck in Japan bar spitting water on the crowd. He’s only good in the states as per replies above 

He was stuck in a tag team with Davey Boy Smith Jr for years, he had a really good showing in the G1 prior to signing for AEW though.

I'd love for them to find a spot for Archer as the big meaty crowd-pleasing wrecking ball, the kind of guy the faces can call on when the angle calls for a tank to help overcome some indomitable heels.

Of all the twenty-year-old tropes to bring back, I'd love it if they could do something with him like New Jack's later ECW run, just steaming out and having wild cartoon weapon brawls with no rules while music blares throughout.

He's a big man, but proper high energy when he turns it on and was one of the best at knowing where the cameras were and playing up to them for the fans at home. A few people have said on here in the past that, for all his heelish mannerisms, he still comes across as that cool aging rocker in the bar who'll hang out and stop anyone from getting too rowdy, but you know if push comes to shove and he has to start swinging, all hell'll break loose. No title chases, just there for a good fight if you need him.

It's a shame AEW has massively overplayed their hand with No DQs and blading, really.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Louch said:

He was dull as fuck in Japan bar spitting water on the crowd.

Ah yes, "the American Psycho." One of my favourite memories of my trips over there was the extremely relaxed journey from Korakuen Hall where All Japan was letting us out, to get across town to Ryogoku for G1 Climax finals day - all the natives were absolutely sprinting to catch a train, but tsve and I strolled casually because we were 100% not arsed in the slightest about missing any of the scheduled opener, Archer vs MVP. Fairly sure we actually took our seats just as Porter applied the match winning "Irreversible Crisis."

• Paid Members

I hope Jeff Jarrett turns up as well. Joe murdering tiny lads. Has he wrestled Daniel Garcia yet? That'd be good. The idea of Joe Vs Shibata just popped into my head as well. I think I'm going to need to lie down in a darkened room for a while.

Archer and Miro or Big Bill as some team of bruisers when the majority of the tag division is made up of smaller guys could be good, if the chemistry's there. Heck, stick them in some trios matches.