AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

Given the mixed crowd reaction to Sniff’s Big Announcement, outside of Chicago there’s more than a chance ol’ Punk is going to get booed isn’t there?  I wonder how his famously resilient ego will handle that, or whether it’ll precipitate a heel turn.

50 minutes ago, Loki said:

Given the mixed crowd reaction to Sniff’s Big Announcement, outside of Chicago there’s more than a chance ol’ Punk is going to get booed isn’t there?  I wonder how his famously resilient ego will handle that, or whether it’ll precipitate a heel turn.

Maybe I'm way off the mark here, but I don't even think a completely positive reaction is a guarantee in Chicago; given the fact his home crowd were chanting for MJF during his last appearance - and that was before all of this happened. I think he'll receive a better reaction in Chicago, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's lost some good will there also. 

20 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

My interest in him has never been lower. So many different talents to focus on with that roster.

Lot's of people are cunts. So what? You think him being on that show ain't helping those others? You'll watch him come back. You know you will.

Anyway, not getting into a CM Punk chat again. I like him and am excited to see what happens. Good for you if you don't.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

He surely has to heel it up? He's a very unlikeable guy, so having him as a heel is the best option. 

58 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Punk is a canny dude. He'll know how to play it.

I'm not sure I agree with that, and I'm completely ignoring the press conference and subsequent brawl when I say that. His posts on social media, to me, show staggeringly bad judgement. I think people would have gotten over the original incident in isolation, but all of the other incidents have surely chipped away at the goodwill and forgiveness people might otherwise have shown him. I think there's every chance he'll lose his rag at the crowd if he gets a negative reaction. 

50 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Anyway, not getting into a CM Punk chat again. I like him and am excited to see what happens. Good for you if you don't.

I like him too and yeah, I’ll watch the show, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s this overhanging feeling that he’s constantly one strop throw away from derailing everything just because he doesn’t like something or doesn’t get his way on something or something else entirely.

For the positives he brings to the show, he’s a fucking pain in the arse