AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

For that one lad spamming the thread asking where this will air in the UK, the first episode of Collision is now showing on FITE TV as airing live, as part of the AEW Plus subscription.

D7A88A4E-88FA-4993-9CCA-265AC9F553C9.thumb.jpeg.7508f2fbff104ca7b92a9e70ba043fa9.jpeg

It's also going to be shown on ITV4 the following Wednesday night:

Haven't seen the recent figures, but I believe the Newark show was selling reasonably well by AEW standards. Something like 4,000 and was the last of those first 6 shows giving it the best chance to improve.

The Canadian side of things just summed up AEW. A clear plan with poor execution.

Announce a Canadian tour months in advance. Tip their hand by moving a midweek show to a Saturday and label it a generic live TV taping. Then we need surprises so here's another Hamilton show and a Toronto show weekend of Forbidden Door. After Forbidden Door is already on sale, meaning 10,000 people that might have bought combo packages and made travel plans are caught off guard.

Remember when Dynamite was making its debut on TBS and the 1st Battle of the Belts was happening the same week? Dynamite was stacked in comparison to BOTB, which was put together last minute. Feels a little like that at the moment.

Dynamite was pretty much booked a week out with MJF v. Cole, Toni Storm v. Skye Blue, BCC v. Hungbucks, Wardlow v. Hager, and Mogul Embassy v. Darby, Sting, OC & Keith Lee

A week out of Collision's debut there's CMFTR v. White, Juice & Samoa Joe and an appearance by Miro.

I really hope there’s a bit more to CM Punk’s return than just a random match. I kind of hate the fact they just threw it out there, rather than have any sort of angle or build. 

But now that it’s scheduled, I hope they do a little more than just have him wrestle - finish with an angle, give him the mic earlier in the show - something like that. 

There were rumours of punk feuding with Joe or Jericho ..and maybe we'll get the bang..bang ..gang Vs ftr for the belts.. and just a thought I'd been having are they building up the international title for punk to beat orange and the international title could be collision's main belt.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I really hope there’s a bit more to CM Punk’s return than just a random match. I kind of hate the fact they just threw it out there, rather than have any sort of angle or build. 

But now that it’s scheduled, I hope they do a little more than just have him wrestle - finish with an angle, give him the mic earlier in the show - something like that. 

After all the talk of Jericho/Punk subsided it switched to renewing Joe v. Punk. Which led to the rumour of FTR v. Punk & Joe as the first main event, with Punk turning on Joe at the end. I'm expecting some sort of angle. Flashbacks to the first Dynamite when the Inner Circle was formed to end the show.

26 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Wonder what the sales for the other shows are like. Hamilton has Dynamite the night before, Toronto has Forbidden door the night after. Could just be too many shows too close and most will just pay for one. But Toronto and Hamilton are 20k seater arenas, this could look shit.

That's why I mentioned they probably wish they could redo it.

The Hamilton & Toronto Collision's were not part of the original tour announcement. Forbidden Door was at over 12,000+ and the Hamitlon Dynamite/Rampage was over 3,000 last time I saw the figures. They went on sale in March/April.

The Collisions didn't go on sale until after the show was made public last month. If Collision & Forbidden Door was initially sold with combo packages it would look a lot better. They maybe would have found somewhere else instead of running Hamilton back to back nights.

Given the majority of income comes from tv, taking a bath on ticket income to have a larger audience spending less seems a an idea for the future when they do these hammering the same towns runs. If they where doing Glasgow two nights in a week I doubt I’d go twice