AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Louch said:

Kevin Kelly and McGuiness as the announce team……with JR :( 

Pretty happy with that. JR's trying to get to 50 years in wrestling and clock out. Fingers crossed. Plus i'm sure he'll get bored once college football season starts up and dips out. Two people taking it fairly seriously may help.

Nigel being added means he'll be off the ROH team. I'm not watching that as regularly but he was a 3rd wheel there.

1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

Pretty happy with that. JR's trying to get to 50 years in wrestling and clock out. Fingers crossed. Plus i'm sure he'll get bored once college football season starts up and dips out. Two people taking it fairly seriously may help.

Nigel being added means he'll be off the ROH team. I'm not watching that as regularly but he was a 3rd wheel there.

jR has been clocked out for years. He was fine on rampage only stinking up an hour a week. 

roh is getting taped same night so Nigel can do both. Then Kelly is off to do the g1 shortly so it’ll change again. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The theme song will be Elton John - Saturdays Nights Alright.

Ok then.

I always thought the WWF missed a trick by not using it for Saturday Night's Main Event.

I realise that its now 2023 and not 1987 but I still feel it could work great.

• Paid Members

Nice 

I think that’s cracking to be fair. It’s not like WWE haven’t licensed famous songs to be their shows (They even used The Beautiful People for both their main shows), but it’s a classic and I think it works.

They announced on Rampage that JR's just coming in for the Punk match. He should be fine in that. He knows/likes Punk, FTR have the kind of style he likes, same with Joe (hoss) and I think he may have called Jay White/Juice Robinson matches during his NJPW run.

It'll serve the purpose of getting a JR soundbite on Punk's return match, good for future video packages/docos/whatever. Surely he can muster up the energy for one match.

• Paid Members

I’m on the fence about the commentary team. Kevin Kelly is decent in NJPW from the bits I’ve watched but I’ve never been huge on Nigel. Glad JR is a once and done because he’s robbing a living at the minute.

That Elton John opener is my favourite wrestling intro since Into The Fire on Powerrr though. What a jam.

The whole thing just feels unprofessional and cobbled together, it's been embarrassing so far. I just hope they settle into the show once it starts and the egos on both sides can get the fuck over themselves.

The song does slap though, maybe re-edit the video to match it better.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Pinc said:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall when the Dynamite whatsapp group find out Collision have got Sir Elton while their big guest star for next week is Ray J. Johnson.

Supremo will have a transcript for you shortly I would imagine.