AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

Probably not but I wonder if there is any chance of Punk turning on FTR in their match and either just joining BG Gold or leading it? He should be a heel, so I imagine he's going to do something to make that change. Unless he's got that Cody brain rot where he reckons staying baby face in AEW is the best thing.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Thanks. I mean you can tell by looking at all 3 of them that Page is the only one packing, so I assume it's an ironic name?

I think it might have something to do with the name 'Hangman'...

I thought the card might have been left light for last minute Forbidden Door build, but checked & NJ is still finishing up a tour with most of their regulars booked at the weekend. 

The involvement of Bullet Club & AEW being light on faces has me worried KENTA will turn up to challenge Punk. The fact he's talked about it online is the only hope that's not happening. 

8 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Tony Schiavone has said he'll be working both shows. Slightly worried we'll end up with Tony, JR, and Excalibur.

Working both shows as an announcer? Perhaps he'll only be doing interviews/backstage stuff. Surely, given that he's not doing much right now, Nigel McGuinness is a likely candidate for an announce role? The ROH guys are also pretty good, and deserve a bigger platform. Then there's someone like Paul Wight, who I quite liked on Dark Elevation. We may well end up with JR, but there's far from a need to take that approach so I hope they avoid it. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

The involvement of Bullet Club & AEW being light on faces has me worried KENTA will turn up to challenge Punk. The fact he's talked about it online is the only hope that's not happening. 

See, I think that sounds like a great option. Outside of Tanahashi, because they set it up last year, there's not really anyone I'm burningly desperate to see Punk face. Whereas the KENTA thing has been a fun idea for a long time.

• Paid Members

Absolutely baffles me the thought process behind the Collision launch. Barely advertised, barely built, and then the matches they do finally announce are Dynamite level at best. Who decided putting Buddy Murphy in a singles match instead of at least a HoB Trios was a good idea? The team is barely a draw, never mind the weakest member of it.
Also Miro in action, who cares? It's clearly not against anyone decent or they'd have announced it.

It could end up being a ten out of ten show but you would never predict it based on the card or build. It looks abysmal and they've given nobody any reason to think otherwise.