AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, David said:

In the midst of deciphering this convoluted narrative, it appears that we are being led to believe that CM Punk has unequivocally abandoned the notion of making a comeback, all due to the mishandling of Ace Steel's rehiring. Whatever your thoughts may be on the enigmatic Pepsi Phil, one cannot deny his unwavering support for those who exhibit loyalty towards him.

Read Colt Cabana GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

• Paid Members

Ok you can shut the fuck up now David.

I think pushing Orange Cassidy as a top main event babyface is a perfectly rational idea. Despite what internet fans think casual fans do or don't like, in reality he seems to get instantly over with anyone who watches him, he has an instantly recognizable and unique look and the talent to run at the top level.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

It's difficult to be able to declare it without knowing the full facts, but TK doesn't half come across like a spineless incompetent if all of that's true. 

Yeah. It's hard not to think of that picture of him lovingly hugging a clearly uncomfortable Okada when I'm reading these reports.

I'm not saying he should go full-Vince but it does read like he needs to stop trying to be everybody's friend. You can't be a boss and have everybody like you. If you have to decide between Punk and Ace and the Elite then fucking do it. Imagine negotiating about a guy who bit someone? Going "Oh okay what if he works from home?" seems pathetic.

Anyway, I'm hoping the increased TV time means more of a spotlight on Jay White. I get that Khan likes to slowly build people but it seems very weird that White has gone from being portrayed as a major star the last time he was in AEW, to basically being part of a midcard tag team now that he's signed. Also Miro and Eddie Kingston.

Are we convinced that Khan's primary concern lies in gaining the approval of Punk and/or the so-called "Elite"? Perhaps, instead, he is strategically aiming to establish a mutually beneficial arrangement? Regardless of personal inclinations, it is undeniable that Punk holds a significant appeal over the fanbase. We've not stopped talking about the guy despite him not actually lacing up a pair of wrestling boots for around eight months.

Khan's maneuvering in negotiating Steel's role can maybe be attributed to his understanding of the pivotal role it plays in keeping Punk happy. Khan surely has his sights set on Punk's participation in that London card. It would be absurd to have a talent of his caliber under contract and not feature him in that event.

I don't think he's being soft. He's just not wanting to upset any of his cash cows.

You’re playing it cool @Supremo but don’t tell me your heart isn’t a little broken over the latest Punk fiasco.  You were rightly done with him after his flounce out, but generous enough to get excited about giving him another chance, and now it looks like he’s stood you up on the make-up date.

You can pretend you are into freshly squeezed orange but we all know you really want a glass of Pepsi.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Are we convinced that Khan's primary concern lies in gaining the approval of Punk and/or the so-called "Elite"? Perhaps, instead, he is strategically aiming to establish a mutually beneficial arrangement? Regardless of personal inclinations, it is undeniable that Punk holds a significant appeal over the fanbase. We've not stopped talking about the guy despite him not actually lacing up a pair of wrestling boots for around eight months.

Khan's maneuvering in negotiating Steel's role can maybe be attributed to his understanding of the pivotal role it plays in keeping Punk happy. Khan surely has his sights set on Punk's participation in that London card. It would be absurd to have a talent of his caliber under contract and not feature him in that event.

I don't think he's being soft. He's just not wanting to upset any of his cash cows.

Ace Steel sat at home getting his Gorgeous George gimmick ready, waiting on the call.

• Paid Members

I'd like to see The Gunns getting featured on Collision too. A very underrated team with loads of potential. They looked like huge stars when they had that 50 Cent entrance. They'll be off to WWE at the first opportunity I'm guessing so AEW should get what they can out of them now.

6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

spacer.png

If we're heading up the women's division with someone deserving then it's gotta be Emi as the violent queen and sign Mei full time just because.. 😍

Oh, I stopped watching the YouTube shows so that gif is the first I’ve seen of Mei, I think Hikaru Shida and Iyo Sky have some competition for my Joshi affections, she’s stunning 😍 

It's amazing time to be a wrestling fan. So much good stuff. Saturday night ia great as it means I can actually watch it live on a weekly basis.

I hope this gets included in thr AEW Plus package at FiteTV.

31 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Has anything been said yet about Collision the night before All In? I'm wondering if it will be held in the UK, or if it will be a B-team crew taking care of it in the States.

Nothing yet. They're doing Hamilton in Canada on a Wed/Thurs double header to tape Collision. I could see them doing something similar so they can come over to the UK without having to worry about doing TV here.

1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Has anything been said yet about Collision the night before All In? I'm wondering if it will be held in the UK, or if it will be a B-team crew taking care of it in the States.

Would be wild if they announce Wembley ARENA for it. They would sell it out with 70K fans being in town for All-In.

Edited by LWOLeN