AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

2 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Yes, By growing up. Not because his wife "dragged him into line". Its not her job to make a shitty guy a better person.

It's a figure of speech. I don't mean she literally dragged him to some imaginary line. She will have provided him with some insight and life lessons that guys who are younger and single simply don't have. Being married, or even in a long-term relationship can often be the very thing needed for immature, daft young men to get their shit together.

Basically, he's very likely a different person from the guy in that video. If he was married and settled down at that point and still coming out with that kind of stuff then it could be argued that he's not changed.

I'd be very surprised if he hasn't.

20 minutes ago, Loki said:

Punk in the clip is what, 30?  Sure people can change, but he still did that shit AND thought it was a brag worthy story.  At 30.

He’s 44 now, he’s about early to mid 20’s there. I caveat this by saying I’ve not watched the clip but I’m 32 now and one look at my Facebook memories page shows me just how immature and dim-witted I was 7 years ago on any given day.

People absolutely change as they grow up.

• Paid Members

Just to clarify, he's bragging about using a position of trust to intentionally physically injure a woman and then emotionally manipulate her so that he doesn't have to pay for petrol money. This doesn't really come under immature "boys will be boys" stuff to me.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Loki said:

Punk in the clip is what, 30?  Sure people can change, but he still did that shit AND thought it was a brag worthy story.  At 30.

I’ve changed a lot over the years, but I was never a prick who took advantage of women and laughed about it.  In my experience, a lot of those people just get better at hiding it, not nicer people.

I can see why AEW employs so many wronguns though - they’ve all changed!

Around 23 I think by his TWC t-shirt. He was in WWE when he was 27.

Besides this all nonsense. No one is defending what he said, pointing out he’s, at least from what we can see, a better human now, is a fair assumption but none of us know for sure. Singling out one company is pathetic though as it’s an issue in all the major feds. It’s not even representing the topic of this thread.

Again just to highlight that point, WWE hired him within a couple of years of this interview being released.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Around 23 I think by his TWC t-shirt. He was in WWE when he was 27.

It’s not even representing the topic of this thread.

Here's the thing Scorchinio, there is next to nothing in this thread to talk about other than the name of the show. The debut of isn't for about a month, and I guarantee that nothing of any note will be said about this show before it even airs. It could be locked now and all the CM Punk chat could fuck off to the dedicated CM Punk chat thread. That would be far to simple so instead we are going to have to endure Tories talking about a Tory acting like a Tory spread across many threads. Perhaps we could go for a record and talk about Punk in all the AEW threads at the same time. Chilling Jacob Rees-Mogg GIF by GIPHY News

18 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Besides this all nonsense. No one is defending what he said, pointing out he’s, at least from what we can see, a better human now

He’s moved up from a rancid piece of shit to a piece of shit. You can be a better human than you were but it doesn’t make you a good human. 

20 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Singling out one company is pathetic though as it’s an issue in all the major feds

Oh, that’s alright then!
What’s pathetic is excusing one company because you like them. WWE were the worst for it, possibly still are, their fanboys excuse it. Even ROH fans turned a blind eye to paedo Feinstein and it being owned by a Christian fundamentalist MAGA organisation. before selling it to another MAGA arsehole. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

He’s moved up from a rancid piece of shit to a piece of shit. You can be a better human than you were but it doesn’t make you a good human. 

Oh, that’s alright then!
What’s pathetic is excusing one company because you like them. WWE were the worst for it, possibly still are, their fanboys excuse it. Even ROH fans turned a blind eye to paedo Feinstein and it being owned by a Christian fundamentalist MAGA organisation. before selling it to another MAGA arsehole. 

Oh look the knight in shining white armour is back!

You’ve missed the point entirely. The point is this video was from 20 years ago. It was in the public domain. No one gave a shit about it when he was signed by WWE. But somehow this now another cross against AEW for hiring him? Make it make sense (don’t bother, you can’t). However, the Punk from 20 years ago isn’t the same Punk that AEW signed, so this talk of “Oh AnOtHeR aEw WrOnG-uN” is just pathetic when no-one gave a shit at a time it actually was relevant. 

What do you actually allow yourself to enjoy? Because I’m struggling and also have no idea why you have so much to say about a product you don’t even watch.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Sorry if I've missed it in the last 6 pages but I'll be fucked if I'm reading all that on the off chance. Any information on what channel / provider this will be on over here?

There’s a good chance it’ll be on Fite like most of Europe as part of their package. Here’s hoping anyway. 

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Oh look the knight in shining white armour is back!

What? I’m not sure I understand what you mean here. 

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

No one gave a shit about it when he was signed by WWE

You’re right. The WWE fanboys certainly didn’t, and now AEW fanboys don’t, like both sets don’t care when one of their team does something awful. It’s tribalistic bollocks that you’d expect from football fans. 

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Because I’m struggling

You certainly are

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

why you have so much to say about a product you don’t even watch.

I don’t talk about the product as I don’t watch it. I find it’s better not to talk about something you didn’t watch, as you come over as terribly silly. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

There’s a good chance it’ll be on Fite like most of Europe as part of their package. Here’s hoping anyway. 

Also @Tommy! as ITV have been showing All Access as well, I hope it will go there as well. I’ve noticed that Dynamite has started being shown on ITV1 earlier on Monday nights again that either they are gearing up for the UK event, or the contract is coming up and they are trying to look better to them.