AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

This could potentially end up as Rampage 2.0 in about 6 month when the entire roster are all bitching and moaning about each other on Twitter and threatening to go to WWE. 

Brilliant move from Tony though, instead of making them sit home running out their deals, he's basically said 'Shut the fuck up and go out there and make me more money'. 

Sunday mornings are usually a drag so great that there is a guaranteed show to be watched. 

14 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Why?

Because it's illogical to dilute either new show, especially a brand new one if there's no need to. Why have Omega, Hangman, Danielson and whoever else on only one show when he can have them on both?

At least if somebody else is running another show then there's some sort of storyline to have that could make sense. 

15 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

So with the statement saying the brand split is happening, Khan will surely need to have somebody running (at least in kayfabe) one of the shows. And maybe that's the best way to get Punk back on telly but not risking his body falling apart.

GM Punk to run Collision.

That's not the official statement. That's lifted from whatever website. The news sites have flip-flopped on hard/soft roster/brand splits and basically Punk v. Elite. It's a bit of guess work probably because talent are getting notice of their travel and difficulty in clearing external bookings since weekends are about to get busier.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Does it? Why? Vince isn't going to move his PPVs because Tony's got a TV show on Saturday.

Fuck them, its Impact’s I care about.

We finally had a nice little eco system of Saturday night becoming the main PPV night only for the Fulham sniffer to ruin it all.

(Nice Nitro logo though).

Edited by garynysmon

10 minutes ago, jm29195 said:

Has it been revealed if/how this will be shown in the UK? Will it be on Fite Plus?

As it’s only been announced in the last couple of hours and its launch is still a month away, we might have to wait a little while to find out. 
An educated guess would suggest that it will be available on FITE as they were showing Rampage from the first episode and Battle of The Belts is shown there too, but just give it a few days for things to be come clear

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Supremo said:

They’re counter-programming AEW’s next Pay Per View with an NXT show. This probably suggests more WWE pay per views on Saturday Night, just to fuck with them.

I thought all WWE PPVs had been moved to Saturday nights, barring Mania which is two nights. 

I hope it goes well for them. Saturday is a big sporting night in the US, but going with a live show is sure to draw in viewers. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

They really should create a 'Collision' Championship to give the show some importance rather than 'the naughty kids' brand. 

I honestly think you could position the International Championship as the top male title on one of the two shows.

Obviously the name works as an equal to the World Title, but it's become genuinely prestigious under the reign of Cassidy, IMO.

I guess we will see maybe Trios on both Dynamite and Collision since House Of Black are so heavily on the poster as with the FTR poster

Jade being more on Dynamite with TBS Title and TNT being only on Collision?

World Title across both to keep stories going and interest not dropping?

Womens main on both?

I quite like the idea of the whole RAW and Smackdown Circa 2000 idea with Dynamite flowing into Collision but still stood on it's own as a quality 2 hour watch. I always remember as a kid watching Smackdown on Sky One as we didnt have sky sports clued in enough with a recap of Monday but the show was good enough in itself as well

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Because it's illogical to dilute either new show, especially a brand new one if there's no need to. Why have Omega, Hangman, Danielson and whoever else on only one show when he can have them on both?

"We have so many stars we need an extra two hours of TV just to fit them all in" is a selling point that doesn't need hokey pretend "general managers" on TV. They manage with Tony owning AEW and ROH, they'll manage a soft split within AEW.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Fuck them, its Impact’s I care about.

We finally had a nice little eco system of Saturday night becoming the main PPV night only for the Fulham sniffer to ruin it all.

(Nice Nitro logo though).

When? Up until 2020 Sunday was PPV’s for Impact, then went to Fridays for those Impact+ specials.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nick James said:

This could potentially end up as Rampage 2.0 in about 6 month when the entire roster are all bitching and moaning about each other on Twitter and threatening to go to WWE. 

Brilliant move from Tony though, instead of making them sit home running out their deals, he's basically said 'Shut the fuck up and go out there and make me more money'. 

Sunday mornings are usually a drag so great that there is a guaranteed show to be watched. 

I don’t think it will if they treat this as the secondary show.

Rampage was hyped up, then episode 2 gave us CM Punks return. And then it stopped being taped live and started to be  recorded post Dynamite. And then it would get moved because of sport on a Friday on TNT. I mean the other week it was shown at 15:30 on the west coast! And Friday is a shit night for TV shows in America (commonly known as the death slot in TV Circles.) if they record this live every week I think it will do better then rampage.