1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I take it back. He can’t change. He won’t change. He isn’t coming back. Cover up his face.

I want to believe you Supes, I need to believe you, but I know in 6 months when someone drops a cryptic reference to Pepsi or Best In The World on Dynamite your saliva glands will start up again.  He's like that ex-gf who you hated being with, but when you see a picture of her on Facebook looking fine, even though you know it's filtered to shit, you still get a lazy lob.

The only clothes Chris Jericho owns are the ones he wrestles in, he drives to and from matches and walks around his house in them, nothing will convince me otherwise. He's on the couch in his gaff right now on the arm of the couch with his baseball bat resting on the back of his neck as he looks into his phone. Prove me wrong. 

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members

The Rocky films are shit, just like 99% of all sports films are shit. Punk's not missing much and Jon Moxley is exactly the sort of berk I'd expect to be taking his wrestling ideas from Rocky III.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I mean, he’s clearly an absurd person, but equally if there’s any truth to ‘they kept saying it could be a squash so I didn’t need to be cleared’ then that is equally a massive issue.

I wonder about the timeline of it all.

Between the Dynamite match and All Out was less than 2 weeks. He'd returned two weeks previously and the Jericho/Mox match at Quake at the Lake was seen as the potential All Out match with no Punk available.

9 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Ummmm…😅

I also take back what I said. It’s very unlikely that he’s coming back. Perhaps something has happened to make this clear to him today, hence that out-of-nowhere post. He’s obviously a very bitter, petty person; but I do agree with @d-d-d-dAz, if there’s any truth in the aspect of his post regarding being cleared, it’s not great.

I may be getting turned around on the timeline here but I don't think it was out of nowhere. From what I can gather, Meltzer posted something either on THE BOARD or Twitter that led to this response from Punk.

• Paid Members

Pretty funny that Punk threw a pissy fit over thinking the Bucks were leaking stuff to Meltzer when it was almost certainly Jericho the entire time.

At the end of the day for Punk to come back you have to assume he's going to have to make some apologies and compromises...and that's something he'll probably never do.

Edited by LaGoosh

I think Punk’s issue is he seems to only be able to perceive major, raging injustices where that might only be minor nuisances. He seems completely devoid of nuance.

So rather than leave room to mend fences or build bridges, he burns the bridge, dissolves the fence in acid, poisons the moat and draws offensive cartoons of the other factions leader.

He reacts so badly to every thing in his life, that even if he’s right (or might be right) it’s impossible to conclude he’s anything other than a tosser.

If a little kid threw an egg at my front door and, in retaliation, I hit him with my car I would rightly come out of that as the bad guy. I think that’s what Punk does to himself.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The Rocky films are shit, just like 99% of all sports films are shit. Punk's not missing much and Jon Moxley is exactly the sort of berk I'd expect to be taking his wrestling ideas from Rocky III.

I always think of the Shawn / Sid run as the Rocky 3 story and if super sock wasn't such a waste of space (and the IYH in the middle was a straight butchering of someone by sid) it would have worked even better than it did.

The complacent champion getting his fire back to take on the monster because the monster went too far is a great wrestling story with the right characters and history behind them. 

How that works with punk and mox I've no idea, but applying the idea badly doesn't necessarily make it a bad idea.