• Paid Members

I enjoyed this weeks episode for the stories though felt that the wrestling itself wasn't great. 

Absolutely loving them finally embracing big, long term stories with multiple characters weaving in and out. With BCC vs The Elite and the Four Pillars going after the title that's two really strong stories to base the next two months of TV around. The best thing about the BCC/Elite story is just the sheer number of options and paths they can go down. The end point is relatively clear but how they get there is not and that's exciting! 

I found the lay out of the show a bit frustrating. I understand why it was laid out like that but really you've got to end the show on your biggest angle and Bryan's return and heel turn is where the show should have ended. After that about 2/3rds of the way through the rest of the episode felt like total filler. I know Dynamite is laid out by Tony Khan with all his weird ratings statistics in mind but as a viewer it doesn't always feel like the most cohesive two hours of telly and the show layout is a big part of that.

Matt Hardy vs Jungle Boy was completely unneeded. The Jungle Boy/MJF segment was great and didn't need the match before it at all., it added nothing to the story. I would have liked to have seen that TV time from that match used on someone else. Also Matt Hardy is great at fun house show matches on Dark but keep him off the proper shows please.

• Paid Members
On 3/31/2023 at 12:43 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

You hear him crash into a light pole and when you see him bleeding it was pretty obvious it wasn’t a blade job.

Wouldn't say it was obvious at all. He went to the ground face down and seemed to quickly motion towards his head whilst the camera moved off him. I actually thought at that time what a stupid blade given how short a period of time he was then actually on screen bleeding. Was surprised we didn't then see him again in a back stage segment later in the show with blood all over him. It all makes sense now though, given it was a legit accident.

7 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

After a vicious attack on Orange Cassidy last night, legendary Japanese wrestling sensation YOSHIHIKO has been booked in an International Dream Match for the AEW International Championship this Wednesday on Dynamite.

The English translation of this reads to me like this post is a joke, not an actual match that’s about to take place:

16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

The English translation of this reads to me like this post is a joke, not an actual match that’s about to take place:

I never even bothered to translate it. I thought it was obvious that I was joking with what i'd written.

But if people believe in it

Book It Tony Khan GIF by AEWonTV

Edited by Infinity Land

8 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Tony has yet another "very important announcement" to make on next week's Dynamite.

The Saturday show since it's meant to be starting in July at the latest. The placeholder "live televised event" or whatever it was can't last much longer.

Although there's still those holding out hope for Craven Cottage.