2 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

I have a feeling that Jay White was supposed to debut later on but with Vince being back, I think Tony brought it forward so it looked like they got one over WWE and made them look bad after the debacle of Monday Night Raw. 

White debuting was set up weeks ago when instead of having a match on Rampage they pushed back Juice and starks 3 weeks so it’d be in a big hot venue for it. Then gave him a run in and no moment to soak it in or immediate promo that’s really his strength to introduce himself properly to the tv audience. It wasn’t rushed forward, but it was rushed nonsense 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

One thing I did take from this segment is that they might actually be better off turning MJF. He’s great playing the babyface role, and they have so many strong heels right now that he’s just not essential on the heel side of things. He could easily be the top face for AEW, and do a damn good job at it.

I'd be a fan of that. Gradually turn him into a fighting champion babyface without MJF even realising it himself before having that big moment where he has to choose good or evil.

I hate to be an AEW hater (and sorry if I am duplicating something).  Without it, US wrestling would be dead to me.  I'll admit it, the production hasn't grated on me until now.  I can forgive dives because they can be difficult to film. Either it looks contrived or you can miss it.  CMLL go wide angle, AAA go close onto the target of the dive.  It's not easy.  Komander's rope walk dives are great in that regard because you get plenty of notice.

However, this is where it feels unforgiveable.  They built the Gunns up over the last few weeks.  They're finally annoying for the right reasons.  The run has served its purpose.  So they've licensed 50 Cent, they shot the opening so well and once they got onto apron, it all went wrong.  They're on a crane shot when they need to be on a ringside camera or the hardcam they eventually ended up on.  So they switch to a different, worse crane cam and then finished on the hardcam about two seconds too late.

Is this a producer problem?  The people who do this now have no instinct for this stuff.  I remember Shane Helms saying that he would get on the headset in TNA and talk the production truck through spots so they didn't miss them.  Is there anybody who follows this sort of thing closely who could shed some light?

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, El Hijo del Mikey Jr said:

Is this a producer problem?  The people who do this now have no instinct for this stuff.

Long time producer/director Keith Mitchell retired and they replaced him with a former WWE guy. It's been noticeably worse for me since, all kinds of small shit, mistakes and dead air all over the place.

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Long time producer/director Keith Mitchell retired and they replaced him with a former WWE guy. It's been noticeably worse for me since, all kinds of small shit, mistakes and dead air all over the place.

OK, thanks.  Since I came off Twitter for a second time (no death threats this time!), I realise I've missed all sorts of news.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Let’s call it a day in both cases, lads. Send The Gunns back down the card where they belong, delete Dax’s Twitter and explain to him how fucking tiresome all this meta shit is. “Ooooh, we might retire.” “Ooooh, we might go back to WWE.” Do it. If it means you’ll shut the fuck up. Do it. Now.

This so obviously comes directly from Khan, I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise, it's his booking MO. 

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Bar The Gunns’ brilliant entrance, the main event was massively underwhelming, especially considering the stakes. Probably a combination of The Gunns not really being ready for that spot and Dax self-sabotaging online the last six to eight months. Let’s call it a day in both cases, lads. Send The Gunns back down the card where they belong, delete Dax’s Twitter and explain to him how fucking tiresome all this meta shit is. “Ooooh, we might retire.” “Ooooh, we might go back to WWE.” Do it. If it means you’ll shut the fuck up. Do it. Now.

The old work is the new work.  I doubt Harwood is going off piste with all this nonsense, though I think he telegraphed the actual finish.  Working the rubes - i.e. us people who read the sheets - has always been part of wrestling. This is just a new way.  Acting like everything is real is part of wrestling and the best part is, you don't have to suspend any disbelief.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, El Hijo del Mikey Jr said:

The old work is the new work.  I doubt Harwood is going off piste with all this nonsense, though I think he telegraphed the actual finish.  Working the rubes - i.e. us people who read the sheets - has always been part of wrestling. This is just a new way.  Acting like everything is real is part of wrestling and the best part is, you don't have to suspend any disbelief.

It's fucking annoying though.

20 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

It's fucking annoying though.

It doesn't help that Harwood is one of the most obnoxious people in wrestling.  However, the fact he takes everything so seriously helps the work.

I think I'm one of the few people who preferred them when they wrestled one big match a quarter that was rehearsed to death in the PC and you never heard from them. Ever.

20 hours ago, Nick James said:

Now FTR are actually staying in AEW, can we be done with the fucking stories of 'x wrestler is pissed off on Twitter / Podcast, teases leaving, only to swerve and stay'. Leave it alone for a while now. 

In other news, I am ecstatic that FTR are staying in AEW. I had absolutely no time whatsoever for them as The Revival, but (Despite the twitter bollocks) they are genuinely one of my favourite tag teams around now. 

If we are getting a UK PPV, please give us some vignettes of the BCC having a day out in Blackpool. Few ales in The Flagship, 2p machines, donkeys, the works, but just being absolutely miserable throughout it all.....pretty much like an actual day out in Blackpool. 

As a Fylde coast resident who works in security I'd love to see the BCC fight a real Blackpool Combat Club ie a Hen Party from Burnley or a family of 15 from Aberdeen.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

14 minutes ago, El Hijo del Mikey Jr said:

What are Aberdonians doing in Blackpool!?!

If Scottish people didn't consider Blackpool a top summer destination, I think the place would shut for good.

Honestly it is full of Scots all Summer season. The vast majority are lovely but then you get the odd crazy group kicking off. I just picked Aberdeen out of random.