• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Why is no-one talking about the big plotline development on Dynamite. 

Hangman in saying that the BBC attacked the Bucks he was accusing the Homes Under The Hammer team of the attack right? 

I won't have Dion Dublin's name tarnished with slanderous remarks like this. 

2 hours ago, Loki said:

Fucking hell though, Matt Hardy.  I think he legitimately knocked himself silly there for a bit doing a side effect on the floor, he was collapsing, they cut the camera away from him and Page and Jungle Boy did some floor shenanigans whilst the ref checked him.  And he looked out of it for the whole match afterwards.  He cannot do this any more, he looks completely destroyed before he even gets to the ring every time I see him.  He's heading for a wheelchair if he doesn't hang it up.  He can't still need the money surely?  AEW can keep him on as a trainer or a manager, but it's starting to feel irresponsible to have him out there wrestling.

I watched this and to be honest that's not really what I clocked - those shenanigans with Page on the outside seemed like they would have taken place anyway given the dynamic. Hardy seemed composmentis enough to carry on after that with superplexes and the like. No desire to see him in a wheelchair obviously but I didn't think it was particularly catastrophic in this case? 

First time watching a Dynamite the whole way through in a good while. Solid if unspectacular would be my assessment, though next week is shaping up really nicely with some of the card they've already announced. 

13 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

I watched this and to be honest that's not really what I clocked - those shenanigans with Page on the outside seemed like they would have taken place anyway given the dynamic. Hardy seemed composmentis enough to carry on after that with superplexes and the like. No desire to see him in a wheelchair obviously but I didn't think it was particularly catastrophic in this case? 

I thought it was Hardy's best match in ages, to be honest! 

I feel a bit sorry for Orange Cassidy. If this were a run with the TNT title, he'd be having one of the best TNT title runs ever. The belt would feel relevant again. But it isn't, it's the International Title. One day, I'm sure they'll cut their losses with this belt - but Cassidy deserves credit for his efforts. 

45 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I feel a bit sorry for Orange Cassidy. If this were a run with the TNT title, he'd be having one of the best TNT title runs ever. The belt would feel relevant again. But it isn't, it's the International Title. One day, I'm sure they'll cut their losses with this belt - but Cassidy deserves credit for his efforts. 

Don’t think it matters less as it’s not the tnt title, it’s Been a cracking run and gives him excuses to wrestle across the mid to lower card without having to shoe shorn in reasons. I had to have A think who even has the TNT title as it’s fallen off a cliff so much in the last year 

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, that was a bit shit, wasn't it? Not at all up there with the usual AEW standard.

I really enjoyed the first-hour storyline with the BCC, and the feud with The Elite is going to be fucking fantastic (stick your Bloodline up your arses), but everything else was stale at worst, and pandemic average at best.

It's a shame as the crowd were hot at the start, then they gradually got the colder as the feeling of "What, is that it?" smothered them like The Fog and turned them all onto their phones.

I get that it's 'Mania week, and the big ROH PPV is round the corner, but they still could've put a little more effort into the actual match quality.

Edited by Accident Prone

2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Damning with faint praise!  

Late edit: maybe I've been fooled by some top selling and Hardy didn't actually give himself a concussion and fall over.  But I fear we're in that area of... do you remember near the end, you'd watch a Chris Benoit match and think "blimey he's amazing at selling, he properly looks like he's got brain damage after that diving headbutt".

Edited by Loki

1 hour ago, Louch said:

Don’t think it matters less as it’s not the tnt title, it’s Been a cracking run and gives him excuses to wrestle across the mid to lower card without having to shoe shorn in reasons. I had to have A think who even has the TNT title as it’s fallen off a cliff so much in the last year 

I agree with your criticism of the TNT title for sure - for me, it still benefits from being around first; and the early prestige it build up through the likes of Cody, Brodie Lee and - in particular - Miro. But yeah, it's fallen off a cliff recently. That said, if this had been the TNT title, I think it would have given the belt some of its prestige back. The only way I could see the International Belt work would be if they were to add criteria to make it feel unique in some way - maybe they could add the stipulation that the only people eligible to challenge for the belt are those who have never won a title (or singles title, if that proves too difficult) in AEW before. That means when you lose it, you're not getting it back, creating a sense of jeopardy around every title match. 

Even with that, I'd still favour ditching the damn thing, though! 

4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I've just popped in here and Rooster is praising a Dynamite while some other people have said it was shit? What's going on?

To actually give a serious answer to this, I think it’s probably illustrative of the differences in what some posters enjoy. To really enjoy wrestling, there needs to be strong storylines, and I think AEW has knocked it out of the park with that these past few weeks - whether it’s the title feud, the BCC/Elite storyline (which feels red hot), Adam Cole’s return or FTR/The Gunns. The matches this week were mostly average, but I’m fine with that when there’s good story going on. If it’s just good wrestling - or outstanding wrestling - with little in the way of exciting story, I find that a bit boring. Others clearly value that, which is fair enough. 

I’d genuinely be surprised if anyone had an issue with AEW’s storytelling this week, though. I can’t see how anyone could watch that show and not feel excited about what’s to come next.

• Paid Members

I'm excited about the storytelling, I just found the in-ring this week to be incredibly lacking. You can have all the storytelling and angles you want, but AEW generally has a formula where they can do both, and that sweet spot is where they've been excelling mostly every week.

It's a minor blip though, we'll see if they rebound post 'Mania weekend.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Turns out Don Callis being opened up was accidental. Trip to the hospital and most of the night getting stitched back up.

I figured the cutaways were to allow him the chance to blade. Should have known better as this is AEW where they do that on camera :)

You hear him crash into a light pole and when you see him bleeding it was pretty obvious it wasn’t a blade job.