• Paid Members
11 hours ago, JNLister said:

I'd be happy with:

• Omega-Ospreay 2/3 falls.
  • Sabre-Danielsen 30 minute Ultimate Submission.
  • 120 man battle royale.

I'd watch the battle royale and then turn off. Absolutely no interest in Zack Sabre or Will Ospreay. Although having Forbidden Door as it's own show, rather than multiple NJPW/AEW mixed matches on the other PPV's means that I don't mind just skipping out Forbidden Door. 

Let's hope Dynamite doesn't go through another pretty poor run in lthe lead up to this year's edition though. 

• Paid Members

The potential of a heel Blackpool Bastards Combat Club feuding with The Elite has always felt like money in the bank. Seeing it unfold in real time though? Phenomenal. It’s like everyone in the company has collectively agreed to do everything possible to make CM Punk feel more redundant by the week.

My only worry are these reports of Matt Jackson being injured. I know they could always slot someone like Takeshita or Ibushi in his place, but please. Don’t take this away from me! I need my reunited, healthy Elite!

Bryan Danielson sure is the Big Show of AEW though, isn’t he? Turned about a dozen times already. Thank heavens he’s fucking amazing and can pull anything off.

Edited by Supremo

Another brilliant show, keep it up AEW. 

I will say, though, the live audience at AEW shows is the absolute worst. The MJF/Jungle Boy promo segment was great - both wrestlers did really well; and Jack Perry has generally stepped it up a level on the mic recently. However, portions of the crowd almost ruined it. You had quite a few people shouting indecipherable heckles, and talking loudly throughout; "what" chants; people desperately holding up odd signs including one about Kanye West which the person who wrote it clearly thought it was far smarter than it was. I mean, if you've decided to make a sign in which the punchline is someone's ethnicity or religion, what the fuck are you even doing?

I wish people watching these things live would stop behaving like dicks. 

The BCC heel-run has been excellent so far, and I'm really torn about what I want to see. I suspect we'll get a 4-on-4 match at the PPV, but I really want to see another Omega/Danielson singles match. But then, if you do that, Page and The Bucks (assuming both are healthy) vs. Moxley, Yuta and Wheeler just doesn't feel right. Omega should be involved in some way. But then...Omega/Danielson II HAS to happen, and it has to be in front of a big crowd. It's a good problem to have, really. 

I really enjoyed Cole/Garcia, and I'm just generally enjoying Cole as a babyface so far. He feels fresh, he feels exciting and I'm a bit worried that a Jericho storyline will kill all of that. However, there's real potential for Cole to become the top face in the company. Is anyone else on this board enjoying face Adam Cole? Is it just me??

52 minutes ago, RedRooster said: Is anyone else on this board enjoying face Adam Cole? Is it just me??

He’s much better than heel Adam cole as he’s as threatening as overcooked spaghetti. He’s not a headliner for me, but would make a good middle of the year challenger for MJF 

19 minutes ago, Louch said:

He’s much better than heel Adam cole as he’s as threatening as overcooked spaghetti. He’s not a headliner for me, but would make a good middle of the year challenger for MJF 

Yeah, I think he's badly suited to being a heel. For me it's not about how threatening he looks - plenty of heels get by without seeming intimidating - it's that his heel character is so bland, that he's just boring. 

I definitely agree that he'd be a good challenger for MJF - but I'd be tempted to hold off on MJF/Cole until later in MJF's run; partly to see how Cole's momentum holds up (as in, is there value in actually giving Cole the win) and because I think people could actually believe that Cole might win, making this an exciting match when it happens. 

I'd keep Britt Baker well away from the whole thing, though - while I can understand the temptation to have Baker and MJF clash on the mic, I think they'd bring out one another's worst tendencies. 

Edited by RedRooster

45 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Yeah, I think he's badly suited to being a heel. For me it's not about how threatening he looks - plenty of heels get by without seeming intimidating - it's that his heel character is so bland, that he's just boring. 

It’s not just about how he looks, he doesn’t wrestle or act threatening or even cheat a lot. He suffers from the old Seth Rollins thing of wrestling as a babyface when he’s a heel. Being a small not very threatening babyface underdog is a better fit 

The amount of possibilities for BCC-Elite/Hangman is genuinely thrilling. Getting Danielson-Omega 2 is obviously going to be a crowning glory on all this, but the full 4 on 4 could be something special.

MJF seems to be regaining what I liked about him last year. Maybe being in there with the other guys he came in with have helped him regain a bit more character.

1 minute ago, Factotum said:

The amount of possibilities for BCC-Elite/Hangman is genuinely thrilling. Getting Danielson-Omega 2 is obviously going to be a crowning glory on all this, but the full 4 on 4 could be something special.

MJF seems to be regaining what I liked about him last year. Maybe being in there with the other guys he came in with have helped him regain a bit more character.

I worry about the 4 Vs 4 as we have seen so many of them so far, not sure what’s still fresh to have them do. We have seen both sides in the big gimmick matches already. But for a few months of giving loads of individual matches between all involved, lots of new and fresh options there.